Spring Creek, Harrisburg Fishing Regulations

Beweav

Beweav

I might be blind but I can not find it listed in the fish and boat guide and I can’t find anything from google.
Anyone know if I can continue to catch and release fish there? I’m fairly certain it’s not a “stocked trout water” but I can’t seem to find anything that tells me.

Be sure you lock your car and hide any valuables when fishing "the other Spring Creek".

The standard limit of five trout per day applies however there is no limit on ammunition caliber.

" The other Spring Creek"? Doesn't that Spring Creek flow through Forest and Elk Counties? And I've heard that the " other Spring Creek" flows in to Brokenstraw up Warren County?
I've heard the waterway you're referring to as the " other Spring Crick".
How many Spring Creeks are there in PA? Is there more Spring Creeks in PA than those creek named after Tom? There are a few Tom's Creek in the commonwealth. Also a few named Toms Run. I feel like Laurel Creek/ Run or Fishing Creek are used the most in the great commonwealth but could be wrong.

" The other Spring Creek"? Doesn't that Spring Creek flow through Forest and Elk Counties? And I've heard that the " other Spring Creek" flows in to Brokenstraw up Warren County?
I've heard the waterway you're referring to as the " other Spring Crick".
How many Spring Creeks are there in PA? Is there more Spring Creeks in PA than those creek named after Tom? There are a few Tom's Creek in the commonwealth. Also a few named Toms Run. I feel like Laurel Creek/ Run or Fishing Creek are used the most in the great commonwealth but could be wrong.
I would be willing to wager all of my money and assets that there are more streams named Laurel than any other name in the commonwealth.

Also, to the OP, if it isn't stocked it is practically open to fishing all of the time. All you have to do is check the stocked trout list and if it isn't on there, go for it. There are very few exceptions where other flowing waters have special regs that would close the water in various times of the year.

I think I've tried 5 Laurels so far and feel like some should have been named Rhododendron Run or River . Sounds catchier?? How many Rhododendron Runs do you know of? I dont.😒
What about Mill Creek? Quite a few of them .Big Mill's Little Mill's too. Easier to say than Conococheague or Kishacoquillis. Since we're talking names I'm curious if you've ever heard locals call Kish "the snake".

Many are poor at distinguishing between rhododendron and mountain laurel. It seems many were poor at doing so back in the day when they named streams as well.

I think I've tried 5 Laurels so far and feel like some should have been named Rhododendron Run or River . Sounds catchier?? How many Rhododendron Runs do you know of? I dont.😒
What about Mill Creek? Quite a few of them .Big Mill's Little Mill's too. Easier to say than Conococheague or Kishacoquillis. Since we're talking names I'm curious if you've ever heard locals call Kish "the snake".
I am a local to Kish and have been fishing it all of my life. I have fished it with lots of people and friends I grew up with and I've never ever heard anyone call it "the snake."

IDK, but I'm thinking Mill Creek might give you a run for your money.
There's a Mill Creek 5 minutes from where I live. It's where I started trout fishing as a kid many years ago. It no longer gets stocked though. They've turned it into a dog walking park. Typical "main line" behavior. :mad:

I am a local to Kish and have been fishing it all of my life. I have fished it with lots of people and friends I grew up with and I've never ever heard anyone call it "the snake."
I've noticed you're A Mifflin County guy . Nice place. It doesn't surprise me that you've never heard it called " the snake." It is my understanding that Kishacoquillas comes from an indigenous phrase meaning " snakes go to the dens" or something similar. I was taught that by a man who was raised in Reedsville in early 20th century which I had the opportunity to learn from in the 1980s.

I thought pine or spring...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_165201_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_165201_Reddit.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 43
So, it looks like Mill is the hands down winner, by a lot.
If the name means there was a mill on the creek then I would think those streams would be legally considered navigable waterways as they were used for commerce, correct?

Back