Spirit River Flies - Fly Tying Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit River Flies have been posting a few “getting started” videos for beginning fly tiers over the past month. These brief eight minute YouTube videos can be found on the Spirit River Flies Channel. They cover how to tie each fly from beginner kits they sell. Seems like a great way to provide new tiers the know-how to get started with easy to learn methods for some popular flies.

The Spirit River Flies channel can be found here.

salmo
For a guy like me who does not tie much I found this very helpful. I think I'm gong to give this a try.

Salmo

Last edited:
salmo
For a guy like me who does not tie much I found this very helpful. I think I'm gong to give this a try.

Salmo

Last edited:
salmo

Salmo

Last edited:
ryguyfi
Does anyone else rib their dries with wire like that? I just palmer my hackle from back to front over my dubbing and tie in the elk hair from there. Any advantage to the wire?

Last edited:
ryguyfi
Does anyone else rib their dries with wire like that? I just palmer my hackle from back to front over my dubbing and tie in the elk hair from there. Any advantage to the wire?

Last edited:
ryguyfi

Last edited:
mcwillja
I believe opening day for the rest of PA is April 16th.

Last edited:
5RingsBL
That picture is comical. Ahhhhh the great outdoors!

Last edited:
PatriotFly26
Love the photo, and it sucks that we have a storm rolling in tonight, but did you really say do your hair? Either way, I may be fishing in the snow, but I'm too excited to wait. Fish On!

Last edited:
DaveKile
I will sitting this weekend out. Good weekend for me to make sure all my fly boxes and gear are ready for some trips coming up.

I hope the weather improves for those of you venturing out.

Dave

Last edited:
FlySwatter
That photo gives me the mental image of trout dancing in pairs from one end of the stream to the other. I forget what that kind of dancing is called but I thought I saw it on Soul Train.

Last edited:
brookie_hunter
I'd rather chew my arm off than fish in that kind of crowd for stupid stockers.

Last edited:
C
That photo is hilarious. I'm from Virginia and was invited to go up for opening day last year...I've since decided to not do it again. Don't get me wrong. PA folks are great and the fishing is just as good. But, I can't see driving 4 hours for that. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back