Spill on Fishing Creek

Longbow, what's wrong with being a treehugger? Isn't everyone here concerned with the environment ?

I fished below the spill tonight and caught a couple browns on cahills. There is remnants of tar along the bank and I removed a sizeable hardened piece last night. There are many absorbant pieces that stretch across the creek between spill and route 42 bridge.

From what I understand there will leave absorbant abutments up for a couple weeks but there is nothing more fore them to catch.i found the big piece on top hardened in a back current.

Chaz wrote:
As with all insurance there are limits to the coverage. Negligence usually isn't covered, and more than like;y the State will call it negligence.

Chaz - This is just plain incorrect. Certainly there is a dollar limit to the coverage. Most commercial auto policies have large (like 7 figure) liability limits. But the claim for damage in this case would be covered up to the applicable limit purchased by the policyholder.

All auto insurance polices, commercial or personal, cover acts of negligence. Why do you think your insurance company pays for someone's car damage and injuries when you rear-end them? If they didnt cover acts of negligence, there'd be no need to even sell liability insurance.

I'm an auto claims supervisor for a large, national carrier. Assuming the owner of the truck involved had insurance, and an employee or another person with permission of the owner was operating the vehicle, the claim resulting from this accident will be covered.

Having already known about the spill from the time it was first reported on WNEP, I saw this topic and just read thru it and had to shake my head a little. It sure didn't take much to get to talk of long term restoration effort and environmental disaster and other overtones of broad despair and panic for what was actually relatively small spill, thankfully. And from the reports it was one that was responded to in a timely manner. Booms, absorbent and other cleanup devices were deployed soon after the crash. Thus the cleanup, I'd imagine, should go rather well. I think Fishing Creek will recover quickly and remain the fine trout fishery it has been.

Problem is there is a lot of red flags and misinformation in regards to our environment that are probably not necessary....That's where I was going with my tree hugger statement...

Back