Combo of 2 or 3 flies rolled into one

Size 10 Dai Riki 710
Tail: Artic Fox Underfur, with some guard hairs
Body: Senyos Ice Dub Orange
Rib: Fine Silver wire counter wrapped over the hackle
Hackle: Grizzly whiting bug ger hackle wrapped from front to back
Head: Gold Bead

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

eunnan is slummin' but front to back hackle and counter wrapped hackle means function over form.... you are out of your league here eunan....stick to the salmon flies what marvel the immagination. leave the buggers to us slouches. :-D

Maurice wrote:
front to back hackle and counter wrapped hackle means function over form....

Lots of ways to tie a bugger. I hackle mine from rear to front by tying in the feather first (by the tip), wrapping the first wrap of chenille behind the feather tie in point, and then palmering the feather between the wraps of chenille. No rib.

The purpose of doing this is to protect the feather from damage, and wrapping from front to back, and then securing the hackle with wire and counter ribbing is a common method.

Charlie Craven uses the same method as Eunan, and he's certainly no slouch.

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/details.cfm?parentID=41

I'd like to see Eunan really slum it and tie a green weenie. ;-)

Mo you're going to chase him way. I enjoy those flies.

If you tie to satisfy yourself you find that form = function. Those buggers are a perfect example. Well done!

I was kidding ladies....

Very nice. I suspect the residents of my local WW stream would find those quite tasty. I like grizzly hackle on my white buggers too...gives them a bit of a baby Shiner/Chub/Fallfish look I think.

Mo, you may have been kidding but newbees don't always get it.

wouldnt say i'm a noob!!

greenie weenies all round then this weekend.

Let see who ties the best one? :pint:

Thanks for your contributions Eunan they really are appreciated and stand alone.

Maybe a good idea for a flyswap....a weenie variation swap. I know JayL used to tie a parachute weenie.

I challenge the swappers to have a Chartreuce infused swap.

And I am excited to see your next work of art.

it aint no use if it aint chartreuse

You're a gem, Eunan.

I'll look you up at the Symposium, and bring you a beer. :-D

See ya in two weeks!

I just watched Utah's one feather bugger video and I have to say its a great looking bugger. I would recommend it to anyone looking to tie some up.

Back