some reel pics

bikerfish

bikerfish

time to dust the shelves, so I thought I'd take a few pics of some of em.

Attachments

• 009 (1280x960).jpg
    009 (1280x960).jpg
    802 KB · Views: 16
  • 011 (1280x960).jpg
    011 (1280x960).jpg
    767 KB · Views: 5
Biker,
Is this for a yard sale?

A couple of those are on my list to try. Nice collection. In winter, I keep a few reels with line on them as decorations on furniture. I pull on them a bit every day since I enjoy hearing the sound of a good click payout.

And I thought I was bad

Nice collection.

thanks. cool thing is, I think there are only about 2 in there that I paid anywhere near retail price for. The rest came from flea markets and such.

ahh... I got ya beat by a few hundred... except all mine look the same :-D

nice spread!

Nice collection of reels.

I used to collect reels. When I was unemployed for 18 months in 2009/2010 I started Ebaying them. I did not understand why I was getting 50% above replacement cost new on quite a few Orvis reels.
Then I realized it was made in England competing with made in China.

Nice! I have a medalist and the first two reels(same reel?) in the fourth row in the first pic. Not sure on the name. I fished with them both once or twice but right now there just sitting in a shoebox in my room. I need to start fishin with them, and they're a lot cooler than these modern reels ;)

streamerguy wrote:
Nice! I have a medalist and the first two reels(same reel?) in the fourth row in the first pic. Not sure on the name. I fished with them both once or twice but right now there just sitting in a shoebox in my room. I need to start fishin with them, and they're a lot cooler than these modern reels ;)

cortland rimflys, one is 3 inches, the other is 3 1/2. nice reels that can be had for cheap these days, and made in england too!

Can I have your Heddon ;-)

I just bought an old Martin 61 for my Fenwick. I just have enough reels to use for my rods. Got one for my 5wt, one for my 6wt, one for my 7/8wt, and when I get 2/3wt glass, I'll have one for that.

I love old, loud reels.

Lonewolve wrote:
Biker,
Is this for a yard sale?

I know Lonewolf was being seriouse and not trying to rib you. However I LOL'D really loud.

What an amazing collection! You have very good taste! I am also very partial to American reels from the 1940s-60s. You seem to have quite a few of that vintage! Gorgeous stuff!

Way is that small reel the whole way to the right in the first row?

Tha is one hell of a collection!

pflueger progress 80, 1920's vintage I believe, sees regular use on my bamboo 3wt.

Attachments

• DSC00824.JPG
    DSC00824.JPG
    450 KB · Views: 4
pflueger progress 80, 1920's vintage I believe, sees regular use on my bamboo 3wt.

Back