Some last minute fishing before Irene

BelAirSteve

BelAirSteve

So I figured it will be a while before any water will be fishable, so I had a window this morning to hit the local warm water stream. I was chucking a black Murray's Maruader and a small popper. Got into some nice sunfish, a few fall fish, and a couple smallies. It was enough to satisfy the urge. I'll be watching the stream gauges on the Gunpowder over the next two days with interest.

I took a picture of the fall fish because I think they are kind of cool...the scales and brilliance of the silver makes a great photo. I also included a picture of a really cool beetle I saw on my porch this morning...never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• Redbreast.jpg
    Redbreast.jpg
    917.5 KB · Views: 12
  • smallie.jpg
    smallie.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 4
  • fallfish.jpg
    fallfish.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 3
  • beetle.jpg
    beetle.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 5
Very nice! That looks like some fun. I wish I had an hour to hit the water today.

Love the fallfish!

Here's a photo of my son with a huge fallfish (caught on a live hellgramite) he caught last Saturday AM. It was 18+"!!

Attachments

• Alex with big fallfish - North Branck Tunckhannock Creek - 8-201-2011 150dpi.jpg
    Alex with big fallfish - North Branck Tunckhannock Creek - 8-201-2011 150dpi.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 4
Love Redbreasts...my favorite fish species probably, from an angling standpoint. There's lots of them, they eat everything, and pull hard. They're not bad to look at either! Plus they were native to this area...the Brook Trout of the warm water streams IMO. BAS - you have a nice one there.

I'm in the Fallfish are underrated camp too. They don't do that much for me from an aesthetic point of view, but they have a very unique fight and will hit the same lure or fly multiple times on the same cast. That's a big one your son had there FlySwatter...no doubt a blast on that UL.

Back