Some Help With Fly Tying for the Rivers Conservation and Youth Camp

F

Fishidiot

Many of you have stepped up and been of tremendous assistance with tying and donating flies to the Rivers Conservation and Youth Camp - Pennsylvania's premier fly fishing and conservation youth camp. Again - thanks for your help. The flies were stellar and much appreciated. I'm starting this new thread to seek some more help at the eleventh hour (I'm still working to complete my ties too).

We ask for 36 flies of each pattern. Many of these are easy ties and much needed at the camp: San Juan Worms, Green Weenies etc. If you can tie 36 of any of these patterns we'd appreciate the help. We're getting close to the deadline and would need the flies by about June 12th or 13th. The flies we need (36 ea) are the following. Hook sizes and materials are flexible - use what is traditional or close. If you can get 'em done, please respond in this thread which ties you're doing. The flies can be dropped off at Yellow Breeches Anglers in Boiling Springs or mailed directly to me.
If you're already working on any of these, please chime in and let us know.

Green Weenie
Caddis larvae
Honey bug
Walt's Worm
San Juan Worm
Sucker Spawn
Wooly Bugger
Tan sparkle pupae
Green sparkle pupae
Muddler
Light cahill
Trico

Thanks much!
Dave Weaver

Gettysburg, PA 17325

Dave,

I'll can have 36 Tan and 36 Green Spakle Pupae in the mail by next Wednesday. Size 16 ok?

just_jon

I mailed all mine to Jdaddy, 32 winged ants and 32 light cahill
Steve

Just-jon,
Size 16 is fine - thanks!

Caveman,
Thanks. Got the winged ants but the spreadsheet I have indicates no light cahill. Did you send parachute light cahills? (someone sent them).

I had sent some parachute light cahills to jdaddy In February.

No mine were not Parachute's,
I can whip another batch if they can't be found.

Thanks guys.

What we really need are the easy ones: San Juan Worms etc.

Dear fishidiot,

Put me in for 3 dozen beadhead sucker spawns.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dave, put me down for 36 green weenies. Will get them in the mail ASAP.

Thanks guys - much appreciated!

Dave,
Would there be any interest in donations of used but serviceable equipment? I have wading boots that are in good condition but too small and waders that need to be patched but are still usable. Buffalo

Fishidiot wrote:
Just-jon,
Size 16 is fine - thanks!

Caveman,
Thanks. Got the winged ants but the spreadsheet I have indicates no light cahill. Did you send parachute light cahills? (someone sent them).

Dave,

The spreadsheet shows "winged ant" and "light Cahill" as "done by caveman". There actually is no entry for the parachute light Cahill showing in the spreadsheet (not that the spreadsheet is crazy reliable as I was rather busy during this time). Everything caveman sent in should be there.

i will tie and mail 36 WW and 36 san juans tomorrow. I have asked the gentleman who tied the buggers but never brought them to a TU meeting to mail them to you directly.

bump
Dave,
Would there be any interest in donations of used but serviceable equipment? I have wading boots that are in good condition but too small and waders that need to be patched but are still usable.

I could drop them off at the fly shop in boiling springs
Buffalo

Thanks again guys!

Buffalo,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question: Yes, you can drop the gear off at YBO - just let 'em know it's for the youth camp.
Thanks much.
Dave W

Dave, I'll be dropping ff the green and tan caddis pupa at YBC this weekend.

GRP wrote:
Dave, put me down for 36 green weenies. Will get them in the mail ASAP.

Got 'em. Thanks!

jdaddy wrote:
i will tie and mail 36 WW and 36 san juans tomorrow.

Thanks Jdaddy - got the WWs and SJWs.

Dear Dave,

The sucker spawn went out today.

Regards,

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear Dave,

The sucker spawn went out today.

Regards,

Got 'em. Thanks Tim!

Back