Some featherwing streamers

Mountainbrookie

Mountainbrookie

I usually tie these when I need a break from the usual. These patterns are all of my own creation. I'm far from an 'expert' tier but I think they turned out decent.

Attachments

• East Branch.jpg
    East Branch.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Jack Frost (2).jpg
    Jack Frost (2).jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Wild Emperor.jpg
    Wild Emperor.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 2
  • Red-Wing.jpg
    Red-Wing.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 3
Nice, where in Armstrong are you located?

Decent? Those are beautiful!

I like the jack frost!

Nice looking flies! id love to try those out on Lake Michigan!

Beautiful! The correct term is wetflies.

Well done, they look great.

Very nice. I love the red wing.

Chaz wrote:
The correct term is wetflies.

According to whom? Stevens, Bates, Klausmeyer? I think streamer is a perfectly acceptable term.

Chaz wrote:
Beautiful! The correct term is wetflies.
Come back and clarify...they look like streamers by all rights.

Wow! They remind me a good bit of the atlantic salmon feather wings. Those are pretty.

Look good, but if you fish with them i think you'll find the wings will foul the hook a lot. Make the wings not much longer than the bend of the hook and you should be fine.

Call them what you want, but they are classic wetflies. They swim very differently than a streamer and they are fished differently than a streamer. You typically use them in tandems or in threes.

You'll have to ignore Chaz, he's not very good at actually being helpful which is why someone went so far as to ape him with an account named "Helpful_Chaz."

Alas, we're stuck with the cantankerous version.

They're very nice streamers. He can go on and on about whatever he wants, but while perception does create reality, the truth is, his is wrong.

Mountain Brookie - Am I correct that you whip finished two-tone heads on a couple of them? Looks like You put some colored thread wraps over the black before you laquered them.

McSneek wrote:
Mountain Brookie - Am I correct that you whip finished two-tone heads on a couple of them? Looks like You put some colored thread wraps over the black before you laquered them.

Yes I did, it's the way that style of fly was originally tied though my bands are far from perfect. Guess I'm trying to incorporate a little history.

As far at the streamer/wet fly debate here I'm fairly certain that they're streamers. I've never seen a wet fly tied on an 8XL Martinek Streamer Hook, but I could be wrong.

the proportions look just right to me,very carie stevens influenced maine streamers.

our own plumb bob from this forum ties beautiful ones!

Don't be so modest! those streamers are beautiful. You are an accomplished tier with verty good skills.

Back