Solo canoe

D

DavePa

Looking to try fishing from a solo canoe. Any suggestion from others who use them. Likes, dislikes, upgrades that you have done.

Selling a inflatable ... See ad below
http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=2425795

Regards Dave

Dear Dave, I'm not doubting the quality of the information you will receive here but you may want to sign up at paddling.net and ask your question there. You will be asked how big a fellow you are and where you plan to fish? Those are important considerations. If you are bigger than 200 pounds you will probably be told to look at 16 ft tandems. I'm over 300 pounds and I need a 17 footer to be comfortable. Good luck, Tim Murphy :)

I have a native watercraft tandem ultimate angler 14.5 ft. It's double hulled, which makes it a lot more stable than a canoe (I stand up to cast 95% of the time), and the seats are extremely comfortable. It's ideal with one or two people, especially if the second person is a little smaller. I can't say enough good things about it.

Dave, I have a We-No-Nah Vagabond solo canoe that I use. Nice part is it only weighs 26 lbs. That is a huge specification for me.
I would second the suggestion to check out paddling.net
You can look up almost any canoe and get reviews from people that have them. Your size and weight do matter. Too bad you are so far away. I would be glad to let you spend some time in mine to get an idea of how much you will enjoy one or not.
There is a lot of discussion out there on the Old Town 119.
It was interesting reading and people that use them, swear by them.
The mods they make to them are endless and everyone raises the seat. I thought about it and the size and width combined just don't add up to me to raise the seat in these. Plus they are short canoes.
I personally love my vagabond and after picking up a yak and a kickboat have thought about selling it several times, but just couldn't part with it. I enjoy taking it out. The wife on the other hand....
Go to paddling.net and look for reviews. There is also a lot of other info there. Good luck.

Back