Snow?

The Delaware Valley got over an inch of steady rain last night. Made a nice sound as I fell asleep last night.

It is here in the N.E.K of vermont. Good to see it . Powder day !!!

Attachments

• B07E5B4D-2C3A-460A-A925-EA6B245FB102.jpeg
    B07E5B4D-2C3A-460A-A925-EA6B245FB102.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 13
So many people at work and all over talk about how they are glad the snow has been little.
I don't feel that way at all.
To me this isn't good to see and it's not because I like snow.

Buddy of mine lives in 30 minutes north of Monticello NY. He told me they had 5-7" from the first storm and 10-12" from each of the last 2 storms. Come down a little in elevation or drive an hour south and the amount is significantly less.

Thought maybe a noreaster would tag us in March but it just ain't gonna happen this year

Winter Weather Advisory for 3-5" , with higher amounts on the ridges, of wet snow this evening for Warren, Mckean,Elk, Cameron ,and Potter Counties. Short duration high intensity type a thing storm.
I was up this weekend. Traveled Kathaus to Costello, Costello to Emporium, Emporium to Ridgeway and the cricks in North central PA seem normal for this time of the year.
Modeling guidance suggests another event possible, weekend time frame. We will see.,

Winter Weather Advisory for 3-5" , with higher amounts on the ridges, of wet snow this evening for Warren, Mckean,Elk, Cameron ,and Potter Counties. Short duration high intensity type a thing storm.
I was up this weekend. Traveled Kathaus to Costello, Costello to Emporium, Emporium to Ridgeway and the cricks in North central PA seem normal for this time of the year.
Modeling guidance suggests another event possible, weekend time frame. We will see.,
streams here near Galeton are lower then normal for this time of year.

March is gonna be a cool and stormy month, compared to historical averages.

It's March, so "stormy" could be cold rain, I'm not saying snow, though there's a lineup of chances in the next 2-3 weeks.

December and March are gonna end up being below average temps, with Jan and Feb above average. Snowfall in most of the state is gonna end up below average due to a warm and progressive pattern during our snowiest 2 months, but it's hardly unprecedented.

As far as streams go, it's not the time to worry. When temps and flow rates matter is July-September, and that's not fueled by snow melt, this isn't the west. For limestoners, significant soaking type rain in April-June can set you up with good base flows for the summer, then add some in July-September on top of it. For freestoners, it's pretty much up to what we get in July-September.

I have found this website to have accurate snow depth across PA. Not sure how they do it. Enjoy!!

not very accurate this time of the year. Last week we had 8", within 24 hours the south facing sides of the mountains were bare & the north facing sides still had about 6". The snow evaporated that fast!

No snow or rain today in York.

Got some. Just enough to make it seem colder than it is. Be gone tomorrow. Winter=meh.

1 - 2 inches here and lots of wind. Most snow we’ve had in quite a while.
Saw a stat that we only had 2/10 inch entire month of Feb.

Punxy Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter, and we’ve mostly had spring like weather until now.
His forecast was really bass ackward this year

Return to winter on Laurel ridge , winds from the south tomorrow and warmer temps. Still not warm enough for me to fish yet. Lil says 5-6 inches on the ridge.

Attachments

• 75C9489F-7387-4FD0-8821-FDB8404BA318.jpeg
    75C9489F-7387-4FD0-8821-FDB8404BA318.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 8
1 - 2 inches here and lots of wind. Most snow we’ve had in quite a while.
Saw a stat that we only had 2/10 inch entire month of Feb.

Punxy Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter, and we’ve mostly had spring like weather until now.
His forecast was really bass ackward this year
he said 6 more weeks. He didn't say when...;)

Return to winter on Laurel ridge , winds from the south tomorrow and warmer temps. Still not warm enough for me to fish yet. Lil says 5-6 inches on the ridge.
You're getting old Kid!

Back