Smith Optics - Broken Lens - Warranty Service - Your Experience

SirJohnny

SirJohnny

Hey all:

I dropped a pair of Smith Optics sunglasses this afternoon, and accidentally stepped on one of the lenses (they are polarized glass) which subsequently shattered into 20 or so pieces. Totally my fault.

My understanding is their repair/replacement service is excellent. I have contacted Smith Optics, and am waiting a reply.

Just wondering if anyone has used Smith Optics warranty service, and how they were treated.

Thanks,

John Coxey
(Altoona, PA)

Yo JoCo

I've had great luck with them, especially by phone. Very friendly and helpful. This has been a major factor why I don't window shop their competition like Costas, etc. Over the decades I've gotten 3 pairs of SOs, and they are all still usable. I've quit getting cheapies, which scratch up and don't survive being sat on.

ditto that! I had 3 pairs of good glasses I broke over the years guiding....sent them in and they replaced one, I paid cost for the other 2. One frame broke, the other two I busted a lens. Saved my eyes so I cant complain.

All good experiences with Smith warranty.

I've had excellent experiences with Smith every time I've contacted them.

No experiences. But both Costa and Maui Jim experiences have been pleasant.

I think most of the higher end sunglass companies are going to have very good customer service. Aside from maybe the Luxottica brands. I'm betting Smith comes through for you...

My experience was good. The screw fell out of the hinge, which i replaced with a cutoff dry fly hook, and the lenses were de laminating or just generally getting funky. They were still mostly functional but i was tired of messing with them and occasionally being jabbed in the temple by a hook. I called them and they told me to send them in, they would either repair or replace them for just the cost of S&H. They couldn't be repaired so they let me pick out a new pair of equivalent price.

I was preparing for a trip and put some of my gear in a low area of my home. My dog partially ate my Smith glasses and I had to use the warrantee. My dog also chewed the wooden handle on one of my Orvis reels.

Back