Smallmouth Pics

turkey

turkey

Had a pleasant morning messing with some SMB's. It always surprises me how hard these fish pull.

ZQBeKtQ.jpg

kX0o16Y.jpg

ENSBxy4.jpg

wlpkZa8.jpg

LCa8nLB.jpg

Enjoy your day...

*slow Clap*

Very nice

what is that nice reel?

what is that nice reel?

Bass thumb! The best. That is such a great photo that only true bass anglers could really appreciate.

Ahhh, bass thumb. Made my heart wander back to when my thumb “suffered” from that condition all summer. Back when bass and time were both plentiful, I was blessed to have had both things intersect so perfectly.

Nothing compares to a smallie on the fly

The reel is a hardy perfect. The rod is even cooler looks like a 70s scott glass rod.

moon1284 wrote:
The reel is a hardy perfect. The rod is even cooler looks like a 70s scott glass rod.

Baron,

Moon is correct. It's a Hardy 3 5/8" and the rod is a Scott yellow glass blank that was built out to look like an old Scott.

Purplewoolly, "Back when bass and time were both plentiful"

So true.

I cant zoom in on my phone but that rod looks super close to the real thing. Thread looks Correct, grip with epoxy cork on front and fighting butt is dead On, reel seat is dead on for era and correct color. Excellent build. Even the script looks correct. Is it a "k" build? Sometimes guys who worked there would build kit rods and they had k in the serial number. Really, no hook keeper is the only thing that stands out. Not a problem for me I prefer rods without them.w

I have two brown scotts but no yellow ones.

moon1284 wrote:
I cant zoom in on my phone but that rod looks super close to the real thing. Thread looks Correct, grip with epoxy cork on front and fighting butt is dead On, reel seat is dead on for era and correct color. Excellent build. Even the script looks correct. Is it a "k" build? Sometimes guys who worked there would build kit rods and they had k in the serial number. Really, no hook keeper is the only thing that stands out. Not a problem for me I prefer rods without them.w

I have two brown scotts but no yellow ones.

You have a really good eye Moon. There was a bunch of original Scott blanks that made their way into the world several years ago now. I certainly don't recall all of the details but a search over on the Fiberglass board would probably tell the tale. Anyway, this rod was built out by Larry Kenney, who was the first hire at the Scott Rod Co back in California. That's why it's so accurate. Mr. Kenney still makes beautiful rods under his brand, L Kenney fly rods. Amazing and gorgeous rods.

You dont see too many of those brown Scotts anymore. Hardly any. I still think the 7'6" 4wt black glass F series Scott is one of the finest rods ever.

Thanks for the comments.

No problem. I have 3 kenneys and he doesn't use a hook keeper makes perfect sense. His rods are excellent. Actually I have 4 kenneys, 3 glass and a graphite 4 weight he built on a fisher blank.

Well that reel is a beauty. I'm feeling my way into the classic stuff and it will be fun to research. Learning one at a time.

moon1284 wrote:
No problem. I have 3 kenneys and he doesn't use a hook keeper makes perfect sense. His rods are excellent. Actually I have 4 kenneys, 3 glass and a graphite 4 weight he built on a fisher blank.

Excellent! I used to have an 8'6" 6wt glass rod of his. I regret selling that one.

Those Fisher blanks were awesome.

Take care.

Back