Smallies the new poop fish

From Bob lower river last week

Attachments

• C062B1E0-D716-4A0C-8F8B-7DD9F0504B88.jpeg
    C062B1E0-D716-4A0C-8F8B-7DD9F0504B88.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 4
I know good people are trying a lot to fix it, but is it enough at this point?

With EPA regulations rolled back, its one step forward, two steps back.

MKern wrote:
I know good people are trying a lot to fix it, but is it enough at this point?

With EPA regulations rolled back, its one step forward, two steps back.

Regardless of what the EPA regulations are, the state can establish their own levels of protection as long as they are not more lenient than any EPA regulations . And as you can see the state is not doing a good job . The treatment plants cant handle the load as it is now, I bet that they haven't stopped new construction since the treatment plant is out dated and undersized for the load and just keep adding to the problem .

I bet if someone started a go fund me to hire an attorney to sue the city and state they would get more than enough funds for the legal fees just off this pic alone.

Frederick, thanks for soliciting additional input from Mr Clouser. I will pass along to the biologists working the lower river that disease in the adult population of SMB has either continued or reappeared in some part of the lower river since last year.

FWIW this picture was being circulated around the Susquehanna river fishing page on facebook and Bob was not the one who originally caught this fish. Unless someone stole his photo and posted it as their own.

Point being it may not be a current photo at all and people could just be stirring up something old.

The only photos of fish I saw that looked anything like this in the current year came from lake erie. everyone else is just mostly complaining about the lack of fish this year.

Let's keep in mind that pics of single fish, while often startling, do not serve well to describe a general situation. A much better source is disease prevalence across survey populations in recent years, which has been declining.

Dave_W wrote:
Let's keep in mind that pics of single fish, while often startling, do not serve well to describe a general situation. A much better source is disease prevalence across survey populations in recent years, which has been declining.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS HOW SOCIAL MEDIA WORKS. :-D

HopBack wrote:
FWIW this picture was being circulated around the Susquehanna river fishing page on facebook and Bob was not the one who originally caught this fish. Unless someone stole his photo and posted it as their own.

Point being it may not be a current photo at all and people could just be stirring up something old.

The only photos of fish I saw that looked anything like this in the current year came from lake erie. everyone else is just mostly complaining about the lack of fish this year.

I posted it on the Susky river page. I asked Bob when and where the pic was taken he said it was taken last week and the fish was from the lower river . I don't see any reason not to believe Bob .

Back