Small stream savior!

jifigz

jifigz

I like small streams. I needed some trout salvation after having it handed to me on Penns. (Don't worry guys, your positive reports stung but also gave me angling desire.)

Anyways, I fished a dry dropper rig today. I changed nymphs once just because and never changed the dry. It was cold and breezy. It was a perfect day of small stream angling. I was able to target a few risers who ate the dry, and all the rest of the fish ate the nymph. In about an hour and 45 minutes I stuck about 16 trout but only brought 10 or so to hand. sometimes I have difficulty keeping little trout on barbless hooks. I had one big fish move once on the first cast through a beautiful little channel but I think he flashed and missed the nymph. I was able to move him once with the dry, too. I even tied on a woolly bugger briefly to try to tempt him but I saw no movement on that fly. I even caught two other trout and hooked one more out of the small area where the big fish was holding. I'm estimating the big one at about 18".

Attached are a few fish pics........no stream pics on this one..... I've been fishing every day now and it feels great. A little trout therapy, ya know???
PXL 20230418 195827882
PXL 20230418 194049166
PXL 20230418 195819477

Small streams are good for the soul. Nice fish dude!

Let's fish soon dude!

Back