Small Flies

whheff

whheff

I bought this thread a while back and I found some TMC 518 hooks in size 28, 30 and 32 so I did some rainy day tying.

Attachments

• TMC 518 (200x150).jpg
    TMC 518 (200x150).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 7
Saw the photo then waited for the fly pics to upload. Nothing?...hmmmm..... Had a chuckle at myself.

I guess "small" is subjective. Those aren't small by my definition; they're miniscule.

Tying fun for me caps out at about #20-22. Fortunately for my eyes and skills, that's as small as my fishing ever really requires. As is, I'm looking at a quantity of #22-26 hooks that I should unload. I had the ambition to try the "small" stuff but little more.

After using Uni Trico thread, I don't think I'd have a light enough touch for the finer Caenis thread. You guys with your micro tying get my respect.

Wh, nice. Where in the heck are you scoring hackle that small?

Bill you must be crazy! Hell, I can't even see flies that small, but I'll steal some off you. Nice job! :)

lv2nymph wrote:
Wh, nice. Where in the heck are you scoring hackle that small?

Thanks, I used the hackle at the very top of the cape.

Rolf, these will probably work well for the no see ums that those picky fish we are after are eating. When I get ready to use them, I will take a piece of 9x and tie the fly on at home and them just tie it to the leader with a surgeons knot.

whheff wrote:
When I get ready to use them, I will take a piece of 9x and tie the fly on at home and them just tie it to the leader with a surgeons knot.

Did he say 9X? Are we allowed to type that on here? :roll:

Didn't even know there was a nine x. :-o

So Fox.... When would I use....oh, never mind...

Foxgap239 wrote:

Did he say 9X? Are we allowed to type that on here? :roll:
:p :p

varivas comes in 11x & 12x tippet

Back