Skwala?

mute

mute

Anyone toss some money around at this new up and comer? Seems like theyre getting quite the high rep at a very fast pace as far as rain gear and waders go.

Louis Cahill did a piece on their jacket not long ago. I have no first hand knowledge. Jacket

Took a quick peek and man, their stuff is not cheap.

Andy is right. Pricey. I'd probably pony up the money if I knew they'd outlast the usual players. I'm about due for waders so I'm watching from the sidelines.

Looks like Simms and Simms prices minus the Goretex. I guess when they saw Simms selling out to a big company they decided to get in the market producing the stuff in the same town Simms got their start. Not a bad idea but I trust Goretex for that kind of money.

I'm not anti Simms by any stretch, but I think a comparable competing brand is needed in the marketplace. Orvis and Patagonia are viable options but not quite there.

I'm not anti Simms by any stretch, but I think a comparable competing brand is needed in the marketplace. Orvis and Patagonia are viable options but not quite there.
Pantagonia prices last time I checked competed with Simms prices. I don't know how you compete product wise when Simms is the only one using Goretex. To me thats the superior waterproof product that nothing else currently comes close to especially waders.

Pantagonia prices last time I checked competed with Simms prices. I don't know how you compete product wise when Simms is the only one using Goretex. To me thats the superior waterproof product that nothing else currently comes close to especially waders.
The Goretex brand name is secondary to fit and durability for me. I've used other brands of breathable waders, and frankly the "breathability" and durability of the fabrics are all about the same. Particularly after a year or two of use.

I like brand options and right now Simms and Orvis seem to be dominating the market.

The Goretex brand name is secondary to fit and durability for me. I've used other brands of breathable waders, and frankly the "breathability" and durability of the fabrics are all about the same. Particularly after a year or two of use.

I like brand options and right now Simms and Orvis seem to be dominating the market.
I feel as far as durability Goretex is the best and if I'm spending that kind of money I want something that is going to last. I do feel other waders and materials are much more "breathable" and lighter but just do not last like Goretex or hold up to tiny punctures like jagger bushes. I actually have a pair of Redington waders I wear on super cold waters during the hotest days of summer as long as I know I'm not going anywhere near jagger bushes. The Redington waders are so much lighter and breathable but you can tell they just could never take the real abuse.

Pricy for oversea waders with very similar build mythology as Patagonia, Orvis, Redington, Redhead, Guideware....
A brand purchasing waders overseas using "preparatory methods" than selling them at a premium price point.
Story of the American clothing industry.
When will Amazon and Walmart get involved lowering prices proportionally the market size?

Pricy for oversea waders with very similar build mythology as Patagonia, Orvis, Redington, Redhead, Guideware....
A brand purchasing waders overseas using "preparatory methods" than selling them at a premium price point.
Story of the American clothing industry.
When will Amazon and Walmart get involved lowering prices proportionally the market size?
You think they are actually made over sea and just rebranded? I've seen this with other companies.

I bought a pair of Aquaz waders this year and they are pretty heavy duty at a reasonable price.

I bought a pair of these before the last jam. I was impressed by the waders. The boots not so much. They visually reminded me of Simms and I no longer fish enough to shell out the money as I used to. Found out they sell these in ****s, shortly after buying them on Amazon. My 2cents

Paramount Outdoors Slate Breathable Stockingfoot Full Wrap 6-Ply Fishing Chest Wader https://a.co/d/0m5Yic5

https://www.****ssportinggoods.com/...pddychstwdwad/21prmmdpddychstwdwad?PDPShare=1

I paid closer to 150 for mine on sale...

Back