site speed

S

Stone_Fly

I want to know what was wrong with the site speed before this upgrade? I didn't have any problems, now it simply crawls.

It's been consistently bad. See all of the threads in the comments forum. There isn't a need for more threads about it.

Could there be an issue with various browser versions working with this site? Just a guess. I have run into this before when building web portals.

Man. It's really getting unbearable.

I hate to say it, but I'm only visiting this site once a day, and only posting when I really feel the need. This site is usually practically my homepage, but I've noticed that I am going elsewhere in my spare time. No other fishing forums, this is my only place for that, but I'm just usually not willing to deal with the timeouts. I have 1800+ posts... I'm usually prolific here. I really enjoy the crowd, the content, etc.

There has got to be something, anything, that can be done. I love this site. I really do. It's getting bad.

I have been holding my tongue as much as I felt comfortable doing for a while, hoping it will get better. I just had to get this out and continue to beat the dead horse.

I've noticed a severe decline in post frequency by everyone, and I fear content quality (which is more important than the site speed) is or will eventually begin to suffer. Please, please, please do something. My checkbook is ready for donations, and when I finish this senior design project, my time is ready to donate to anything I could do to help.

What is the diference with the site now from when it was running fast ? Its like i'm back in the 90's with the speed of the site :-o

Dave,

The site has been delightfully fast the last day or so. Did you change something? Maybe your host had a problem and finally corrected it?

Anyway, thanks for your efforts to keep the site running smoothly.

I agree with albatross, zinging along that past couple days.
Nice to see that again!

I just got back from vacation yesterday, and got on the site for the first time in at least 10 days.
What a difference! Posting here is enjoyable again.
Don't know what happened, but thanks to who ever is responsible!

Is this a record or a typo I copied this from the bottom of the forum ?

105 Anonymous Users

Fredrick,

It could be correct. The total number of daily users has been steady. What time of day was it?

Dave

I belive somewhere around 4

Back