site problems

GenCon

GenCon

I have a young friend who has been trying to sign up as a new member. Gets a message that the site is not taking any new members. Is this something you are aware of? Please advise.

GenCon

I will open up registration for him, please let us know when he is in.

Maurice

GenCon wrote:
I have a young friend who has been trying to sign up as a new member. Gets a message that the site is not taking any new members. Is this something you are aware of? Please advise.

GenCon

Betchadidntknow you are a member of a 'sklewsive club....GC.....Membership by invitation only :lol:

Registration is closed most of the time because of the unbelievable amount of spammers/bots that register when it is open.

Dave Kile and Mo spend a lot of time sorting out the never ending stream of spammers so none of us have to put up with them. Let Mo know asap when your friend is in so he can shut the door and not let in the vermin.

And most of them are foreigners......maybe Trump has it right!...shut down the interweb to all gringos...'mericans only.

You just know this site has come a long way when it has to refuse members. The intertubes are a scary place.

Thanks guys, I will let him know.

GenCon

My friend Max has joined. Thank you for opening site so he could become a member.

GenCon

Thanks Mike!

Thanks and going to leave the site open for a while. I randomly open the site up weekdays from about 8-5 or anytime someone makes a request.

As mentioned we get a lot of spammers. Honestly about 20 spammers for every one new user. I go in and then delete the spammer accounts. 99% of them are overseas.

Just a bunch of leg work, but happy your friend got in.

Back