Simms Rivertek Boa Boot

jdaddy

jdaddy

Anyone have these? I bought a pair at TCO the other day and really didn't look at the bottoms as I already have Simms StreamTread Vibram soled boots. When I got home and checked out the bottoms for anticipation of stud placement, i noticed a lot of stitching around the perimeter of the boot. A lot of this stitching goes over the tread and would wear down very quickly. Any experience or thoughts on this?

Edit: Meh, looks like the entire lineup has this. I don't remember my Riversheds having that stitching and I looked at them frequently as I had to glue the things back together every month or two.

Fail? Cobbler?

I was not thrilled with the Rivertek Boa. Their Guide and G4 are much better

My Simms boots with Vibram soles had the same stitching. No problems with durability over the last two years. I think its a type of welt and makes resole easier.

I have to say that I am really not thrilled by them either. The boa is nice because I have used them on the korkers in the past. I have found that anything with stiched bottoms dry rot and you end up loosing the soles. I am a big fan of the G3 guide boot and the rivershed. They do have traditional laces though. Just my 2 cents.

CatchingChrome wrote:
I have to say that I am really not thrilled by them either. The boa is nice because I have used them on the korkers in the past. I have found that anything with stiched bottoms dry rot and you end up loosing the soles. I am a big fan of the G3 guide boot and the rivershed. They do have traditional laces though. Just my 2 cents.

All Simms boots have stitching on bottom now. My Riversheds fell apart ie soles fell off.

If you like the Boa what is it you dislike about the Simms series of Boa?

Sounds like time to move on.

Oh well, I threw the box away the same day, so I guess I am screwed with yet again another $180 pair of Simms boots.

The ones I had the biggest issues were with the ones with stiched bottoms with felt. In simms defense, I had similar issues with other boots. I wasn't a big fan of the design of the boa simms boot, It seemed to lack the ankle support of the other boots they make. The nice thing about the boa system is in the winter time not having to deal with laces. Also I found that I could never get my boas tight enough.

I just always make someone else tie my boots in the winter time!...:)

Back