Simms "Riffle" waders

A zip wader for under a $100?
I'd be lucky if that lasted me a week without leaking.

Which brings me to the point of this thread.
I find it puzzling that Simms would make a wader just to be sold through Cabelas.
And have doubts that it would last me very long either.

I did find some reviews about them
About 50/50 positive and negative.
As is usually the case, everyones mileage will vary I guess

Could be the quality or price point beats their maker in china.
It is tough with gear as price points for vary so much. It could be a way to introduce simms products to the gear fishermen and get them to purchase higher end waders.? Idk
I would would not hesitate to purchase them for the casual fisherperson in my family.
Case in point back in the early 2000"s simms made a line called blackfoot i purchased a pair for my wife and they worked , she did have some fit issues with them but they lasted 5 years or so until her fishing time on thater increased to the point of wearing them out.

I did find a review by someone, who said that the Riffle waders were basically the same as the Tributary.
Only difference - Riffle had a fold out chest pocket.
Doesn't justify the higher retail price IMO

I find it puzzling that Simms would make a wader just to be sold through Cabelas.
Simms is now owned by conglomerate Vista Outdoors. The bean-counters may be making decisions based on a different value system than the previous owners. A big Cabelas contract is lots of money in Simms pocket, quality be damned.

I tried to get my G3 waders repaired through Simms last summer (leaking around the knee) and they refused to repair my waders saying they had lived their usable life, and "red stamped" them. Other than the leaking knee they were perfectly intact without other leaks and about 6 - 7 years old. Not the kind of service I was expecting, and I was completely willing to pay for repairs.

If this is going to be the future customer service attitude of Simms my next pair of waders may well come from another company.

Edit - My Orvis Pro boots have been outperforming my Simms G3 guide boots for the past year - lighter, more comfortable, and better grip in-stream. If the Orvis waders are as good as these Pro boots I'll have no problem getting them when needed.

Last edited:
Back