Simms G4 Jacket

SBecker wrote:
It was a joke relax. No one gives a lump of coal anyways.

I got a lump of coal once. And I hope I'm not done growing, I'm short :( But Actually having a beneficial comment here, I've used other Simms gear, and it rocked, so I'm predicting it will too. lol Best I can do

Lol thanks Gaeron. This is my first product of simms gear so far, so hopefully waders will follow too. Becker, I didnt realize you were joking. Talking on here really shows no emotion lol. Lets let bigons be bigons?-Kev

No problem. I have a Simms Jacket and I wear it almost everyday. It is the soft shell hoody. I find it very comfortable.

Hey what did I do? I just I recommend if you have the cash. I agree they are expensive.

CatchingChrome I really like how it has 2 retractors in the front and the waterproof pockets. What about the hand warmers. Are they actually warm?The ones i had on my orvis jacket were crap. What else do you like about the jacket?- Kev

those 2 retractors will last about 2 days

Ramcatt, do you have the jacket also?

I really only need one retractor and the hand warmers are nice. They work pretty well and are not overly bulky. One thing I do think is that it almost has two many pockets! Seems like everything I own has bulit in retractors. waders, vests, jackets etc. I only really need one for clippers because in they are not long enough for forceps. The key feature is the jacket is bomb proof. I have the paclight one as well I wear in the summer. Less bells and whistles but keeps me dry as a bone!

You made an excellent purchase!

I've had a Simms Guide jacket for about 2 years and love it. I've only worn it about 20 times but each time I wear it I am glad I spent the cash. I'd imagine I should get another 20 years out of it. That g4 will be totally awesome. Although the retractors were not a major selling point on my jacket, they still work.

I, too, have a G4 and have been very happy with the purchase. I think you will enjoy it for years.

i have one and love it well worth what I paid for it

but I only wear Simms stuff. I think the only thing i'm missing is the new underwear and their socks other then that im covered.

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Life is too short to be cheap and suffer for it while fishing in cold weather or any other time.

Basically, if you buy something costing more than $50 and post it on this site, be prepared for a wood pile. Lots of penny pinchers on here. Lmao

krayfish wrote:
Basically, if you buy something costing more than $50 and post it on this site, be prepared for a wood pile. Lots of penny pinchers on here. Lmao

Amen to that!!!!!!

I don't have a G4...I have a White River wading jacket from BPS that I got on clearance for $14. It does me just fine.

If I were out fishing a few times a week, then I would see no problem whatsoever in investing in a quality jacket...regardless of the price. There's a lot to be said for having a nice piece of gear that you won't ever need to worry about. Something that you can be proud of. Something worthy of passing down a young one down the road.

Congrats on your purchase!

It's a fantastic jacket. I use it in some nasty conditions, snow, sleet, and driving rain. It's 100% waterproof and breathable. The pockets are very well structured and laid out. The hood and the adjustments are the hood are key in that they allow me to manipulate the hood whether wearing a ball cap or a fleece hat. I also like that it has pit zips that are also 100% waterproof that I can open when the weather stops and I need to breathe if I'm hot because I have on too many layers and it's warmed up. It's really a tremendous technical jacket. I wanted one for a couple of years and finally made the plunge a couple of years ago. I can fish for hours on end with no issues with dampness or dryness. No regrets.

Back