simms G-3 vest

C

cdogedoger

anyone have one. i was going to buy the fishpond vest, but after trying them both on it seems the simms is now my best bet. i like the pocket size. i hate to spend that much but really like it. just looking for some imput.

thanks
john

I was going to buy the simms G-3 but chose the fishpond sagebrush vest instead. I don't think you could go wrong with the G-3 though. I use simms wading gear and feel they produce very good products. The fun part about fly fishing is you can spend as much or keep it on the cheap as much as you want. I say buy the vest, how many vests will you buy in your lifetime. You can't go wrong when you buy a quality piece. Enjoy yourself, lifes to short.

The g-3 vest is great. So many features that you can use or choose not to use. The formed pockets are great because your boxes won't fall out if you don't zip up the pocket. The shoulder harness is top notch, it doesnt pull on your neck and keeps you cool. You really can't go wrong with the simms vests.

I agree, I just got one last fall. The best feature is the formed pockets and the ability to open and close them with one hand, something I could not do with my older fabric vest and frustrated me every time. Much of the water I fish is fast and I'm paranoid about a flybox falling out.

I defnitely disagree about the molded pockets. I could not get past the hard molded pockets rubbing the inside of my arms, especially in warm weather, wearing only short sleeved shirts. This bothered me so much that i had to take it back. The pockets do serve a good purpose, but they just rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise, the vest has everything you could imagine and is the most comfortable you'll find

Back