Simms Freestone wading pants

N

NRD

Since my first pair of waders is getting tired and I never wade deeper than my crotch, I decided to give Simms Freestone wading pants a try. Don't trust their tabulated "Size & Fit Guide"! Per the table, I'm a perfect M 9-11. These were too tight at the waist. After measuring per the video "How To Measure Yourself for Simms Waders" below the table, I exchanged for L 9-11. These are now a perfect fit.

My only remaining complaint is the gravel guards are very tight. I'll probably split the vertical seams on the back of the guards. Half the time I forget to roll them down anyway.

I had the same problem with the Orvis waders I just got. Their size chart metric had me well in the Large / Short size. I got them and put them on and they looked like I was wearing tights on my legs.

I exchanged them for XL / short and they fit good. A little loose which IMO is what you want with waders.

I finally bought my first pair of wading pants a few months ago and went with Patagonia's swiftcurrent pants. So far I love em - perfect for smaller water while temps are too cool for wet wading. The fit is a little funky. They don't open up in the front so you have to kind of slide them up and shimmy your way in. But once they're on they fit great. Big thumbs up for wading pants.

I went with the Simms G3 wading pants and am very happy with them. Having owned a few pair of chest waders in the past I felt that at my advanced age I'd be better off and safer staying dry from the crotch up.
They are working out well so far.

I used to wear wading pants until I got my *** wet from crouching down a couple times. Now I wear chest waders even if I am fishing a ditch.

Back