Shadow $19.00 Fly lines

JG63

JG63

All, I haven't been able to contact Brand HQ on this one. Anyone have experience with these? I have no problem with manufacturer brand loyalty, just wonder if they are true to weight or the "line and a half" weights so popular today (?) I like the custom color option too.

send them an email, they are easy to deal with.

I sent an email about 10'days ago. Haven't heard from them.

I liked the custom color option as well so I got one. I had a 7wt that lasted all of about 3 weeks. It then started cracking and sinking like a line that's several years old. I chalked it up to " you get what you paid for". Seemed pretty true to weight in those 3 weeks however.

All I need to know Flinger! I'm all about inexpensive but not cheap. I still fish a Cortland 333 WF6F that is pushing 30 (!) years old. In fairness, I don't take it out very often but keep it out of the UV rays and dress with Armor All after every use. A little maintenance always goes a long way

There are a ton of good lines on sale right now on sierra trading post... ...in fact there almost always are. No need to buy junk and no need pay top dollar.

Sorry for the late reply guys. I Have been very busy.

We switched our manufacturing over to a plant in Canada and now are producing way more durable lines. We are still able to keep them at the same price as well.

If anyone has had any cracking issues please email me and I will replace with one of the new ones.

Thanks

Glad to hear your upgrading the lines....had cracking issues within 2 months with my 5wt line .
Are they available from the new facility at present?
Always prefer to support a Forum member's business

Afishn,

Just send over an email and it will be taken care of.

Yes the new lines are now shipping.

They are great. Not in the same class of quality as our rods and reels but still do everything a fly line needs to do. And they still only cost $19.99

We are now applying an agent that we have developed for our new lines in addition new coloring techniques. These two improvements truly make an even better line. These new changes are in effect as of 2 months ago and we are now considering the seeker line final. Feedback has been great.

Head over and try them out with this pa fly fish discount code:

PAFLYFISH

You can get them for $19.99.

To the people who posted above me, send me an email at info@shadowflyfishing.com

I would love to send you guys a free one to hear your feedback.

Thanks

Mike

www.shadowflyfishing.com

I didnt post above, but I would be VERY interested in one of your fly lines to help create some feedback for you. My girlfriend has been interested in your purple line (her favorite color) but Ive been holding out on purchasing it for her as I am kind of skeptical based on the reviews in this thread.

I would be more than happy to try one of your lines out and offer some feedback.

Well, I was given the chance to try out this line and was asked to use it for a bit then give a review.

The line - WF 5W floating line in purple.

Initial thoughts : Awesome price point. The variety of colors is interesting, especially if you want something other than green or yellow line. Seems like a great value for a general purpose floating fly line

The line comes wound around itself, then twisty tied together. I was able to get about 3/4 of the line unwound before I made it into a knot. No biggy, since it was my fault (trying to rush). The line comes with clear instructions on how to unwind it.

No welded loop, no big deal. Just nailknot a loop to the end. Simple.

Ive got a few outings on the line so far. Mostly bass and pan fish fishing, and a few trout fishing trips. So far, so good. The line is very soft and supple. Casts with little effort. Shoots well and smoothly through the guides. Mends easy and effortlessly. Very controllable. Seems to stay clean rather well too, which is definitely a plus

The biggest thing I found with the line that was weird to me was the taper. The taper between the belly and the running line pretty significant. It not a bad thing, it just took some getting used to. No real complaints as of right now.

Im really rough on my fly line. I like to bash it against rock and trees and stomp on it repeatedly throughout the day. With a price tag of just 20$, I dont feel nearly as bad stomping on this line as I do some of my other lines. It seems to be able to take everything Ive thrown at it so far.

Hopefully I can get some more time on the line and report back with some more info on the life span of the line after repeated stompings.

Final thought : This line is a nice general purpose line at an entry level price. Easily comparable to pricier Orvis Clearwater, Cortland 444, and other lines that have a price tag well over double that of the Shadow line.

I would like a free fly line too. My favorite colors are tan and sage... Thank you in advance.

I use mostly 4 and 5 wt lines by the way. DT or WF will be fine.

anybody know if there are any plans to come out with a level line?

Any of you guys try the Shadow reel?

i have two lines from shadow.. one pink and white 5Wt had for 3 years... i dont love it.. its a great back up..

one 8wt blue and yellow.. that is cracked to all heck, only a year old..

but my 5wt line i have not complaints for the price.

Back