Shad arrive on Susquehanna

A

AFISHN

Fished just south of Lapidum on the West side of the river from
10AM untl 2 PM...Nothing until about 1PM...then caught 6 in the last hour.
Red and white flies with a sink tip on a 7wt was what I used.

Didn't think to check Deer Creek while I was near there.Duh.
Will probably go out again Monday or Tuesday

I fished the fisherman's park wednesday evening after work. I think i landed 5 shad and one striper in the mid twenties. Similar to your experience, all my fish were caught on a bright pink fly or white. They definitely wanted something small. I had to scale down the size of my flies once before i started getting hits, ended up using a size 10. I'm afraid this week's cold could set things back a little.

I'm heading out Friday morning to fish for 4-5 hours.I'll report back here how I do.BTW:if your free and want to join me,your welcome...I see you also live in West Chester

AFISHN, check your pm's

Fished Friday 7AM until 1PM at lapidum landing
Beautiful day but cool
Did not get a single hit.
Stopped by Deer Creek...very muddy and only one fisherman
Saw a few rockfish breaking the surfacethough
Tom

Anybody know if the boys are back in town? Looking to pop my chad cherry this year.

Make that Shad. Really not trying to pop my Chad cherry. Sorry Chad.

Have heard about rock fish here and there but not many shad yet. I plan to go out next week after the warmup to see if that gets them moving.

Any word on the shad run? I know from a buddy their in big time on the Potomac.

Out for shad yesterday with spin cast tackle. It was a bit breezy but everything else about the day showed potential. We hit the good hole about 12:30... but it appeared by the rocks jutting out of the water that the flows were cut off shortly before we began fishing. No hits at our go to spot.
We drifted down to our plan B spot and I picked up half a dozen 8" stripers on the shad dart while moving. Plan B started looking like a bust, but around 2pm we landed a shad, then shortly after picked up 2 more. The bite was sporadic but we picked up about a dozen in the 3 hours we fished at plan B. We also hooked up on a 5 pound striper and landed a handful of white perch.
Great day to be out but we didn't hit "it" on this trip.

fished there Friday 7AM until 11Am.Caught 15 in the first 2 hours + 4 white perchand then it stopped cold because they stopped releasing water from the dam.

Maybe flow was the key. Fished Saturday from 10-4 and today from 8-11. River was real low both days. Everyone was having trouble hooking up. They're in there though.

Back