Seven Springs

P

pwk5017

I have a business-related event here in a month. What are the "fly fishing areas" like? The one lake seems interesting, lake goslin. Has anyone fished this? Im not one to participate in pay to play, but this one will be free. Hopefully i can avoid the small ponds and get onto the bigger lake for hybrid stripers. Anyways, any input from people that have been there would be nice. Curious what im walking into.

I'm not sure of the on-property waters that 7 Springs offers, but you are only 10-15 minutes from the Keystone Select, artificials only section of Laurel Hill Creek. I fish it quite often and it holds good numbers of trout year around.
It is also a very pretty stretch to fish !
It is located in the Boy Scout Camp, about 5 miles east of the resort .

I fished there several years ago. Definitely was on the lake that held the hybrid stripers. I don't remember anyone in the club catching one.
I had a decent day. These are some of the nicer fish I caught that day.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 10
That brown seems pretty nice, but the body seems weird. Old fish develop a large head to body proportion on their way out, right? Did you fish from shore? All on streamers?

This will be a company related thing, so i cant really pack up and drive to a nearby stream. Although, i will keep that in mind for future alternatives to meadow run or the yough.

I am going to say that brown trout does not belong in that lake. In other words, the water may warm too much in the summer and cause a stunting to the development of his body. The head will grow with age, so it is holding over, but maybe just barely.

That said the rainbow looks well developed. It may be a fresh one, though.

Now the bluegill--- that is one to take home to mama and ask her to filet it up and pan fry.

hell, NO fish probably belong in that lake, it's a snowmaking retention pond!! Lucky to have the bluegills and bass. All the ponds on the property are retention ponds, they don't let a drop of water leave that property if they can help it. In the ski industry, water=money.
Saying that, I'm sure you'll have a good time fishing, easy access, willing fish, what's not to like? comfy bed and a few good drinks before bed, it's all good.

Back