Seven Springs Private Fly-Fishing?

ryanpgh

ryanpgh

Has anyone been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort to fish the private water? From what I'm reading, they are lakes and ponds? I guess you would just throw streamers and buggers? Any info on what this is all about would help if anyone has been there. I have a birthday to plan and this was an idea.

I actually fished the one private lake up there in early Spring 2015. Similar idea, had a bachelor party at a friends place and a few of us bought the single-day pass to fish. I actually thought the fishing was pretty good for the time of year. I was on the fly-only lake and it was a cold early April day, but I ended up catching several on a BWO parachute.

Basically, its a stocked, manicured lake with some nice size stockers in it. I think it was $70 for the day pass, which for me was almost not worth it. I had fun but likely won't be doing it again. Also got a few dirty looks from a couple guys that seemed like regulars. Hope this helps.

funny, a day of fishing costs about the same as a day of skiing. At least with the skiing, it costs money to make snow, groom snow, run the lifts, pay the staff, etc.
Those are some damn expensive trout.

I agree with everything u just said. However the leaves are bad in my local streams right now so I thought this would be a way to try something new and "leaf frustration free."

Ryanpgh, I go to Seven Springs Resort area quite often, 99.9% of the time to ski.
Depends from your angling skills, time you have or attitude, fishing the ponds can make you happy. :-D
Resort is very family oriented and does anything for a buck.
Yes, I have tried many years ago (I think it was a day when ski was very poor). My fishing last about 15min, it cost me $50. The 7 years old anglers and their daddies appreciate my casting style, (which was horrible) and indescribable “professional flies” selection… :roll:
If you like to try something more refine take 10-15min ride to Laurel Hill Park, along Country Road to couple local streams. Also visit Orvis facilities in Resort, up the village; they will love to see you. :lol:

Back