Second Vid.....

Jimbot - I like the nuts in the video. Pretty good start. As others have said a little explanation on materials, technique, and proportions goes a long way from a video of a guy tying a fly to a great learning tool. Keep them coming I do enjoy them quite a bit.

Jimbot - I like the nuts in the video. Pretty good start. As others have said a little explanation on materials, technique, and proportions goes a long way from a video of a guy tying a fly to a great learning tool. Keep them coming I do enjoy them quite a bit.

Thanks Nomad....i actually will give explanations on stuff as I get better at editing. Im kinda new to it, and it takes me quite a bit of time. Ill get better at it.

Also i hate the sound of my voice played back to me. So that is part of it. But whatevs...there are so many bad videos out there, and i still gain a little knowledge off them. You never know where your gonna learn something. ps. Nomad this isnt meant for you #so2013, #stuckupflyfisher, #getanewjoke, #alittleplayedout, #Imreallyserious, #stopdoingthat

#hahahahahahaha Thanks man keep on making them vid's.

Jimbot: Touche'.

FWIW:
1. I hate your music.
2. I hate the nutz.
3. I hate your fingernails.

Other than that, aces!

BTW, I have a friend who was "Voice-over Guy" on a radio station. He may not be too expensive. :p

Seriously, though, I had no problem following the video. Everyone is different. I've been tying for over 30 years, so I already know the techniques. It's a simple tie. The value for me was in the what and how of your material use.

You can't please everyone. If you enjoy making the videos, keep on doin' it. The internet comes with slings and arrows at no extra charge.

In general, I find the very slow-paced tying tutorials tedious.

I do like some discussion on how, when, where to use certain new patterns, but it's not crucial.

Small constructive criticism (read "picky"): I find the materials list easier to read when it's left justified.

Nice vid Jimbot!

As a new tyer, the only thing I would ask in regards to the vid is, how do you determine your length for the mop? length of hook shaft? everything eles was pretty self explanatory .. i've only been tying for a couple months

All good stuff Flyswatter.

The interwebs be filled with insults.

I like a faster paced vid meself.

I hate dirty fingernails...i thought i was keeping it neat. Im gonna have to go see my asian lady to get my nails did.

I hate your nutz.....ha

-bot

Yo Grape!

All those mop fibers are pretty much the same size. But you do need to pull away the loose fibers to reveal its inner goodness.

Please see Tims mop vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_9F9mM9oGA&t=67s

Also i use a size 8 or 10 curved nymph hook for my mops.

But you can use streamer hooks....or even better a competition jig hook....sweet.

-bot

Is this one any better?

https://youtu.be/qkOOwkVxnfw

Nice video Jimbot, your video quality is really improving. You've mentioned Tim Flagler a couple times, he's the King Kong of fly tying videos. Tim is a videographer by trade, so naturally his videos look great. At your stage of development it's unfair to compare your videos to his. My suggestion is to bring the nuts into focus in your next video, a couple people have mentioned them and now I'm curious as well. Your video's not perfect, your fly's not perfect, your fingernails are a mess and I liked it all. Good work!

giphy.gif

You did a fine job with both the video and the fly. Practice makes perfect.

Thanks guys. So much fun.

Back