sculpin helemts

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Ordered a few of these with my hareline order. I looked up a few paterns that don't look to bad. Rabbit strip tail, cross cut rabbit, spun marabou, red flash a bou, then secure the head.

Anyone ever try any of these paterns? Looking for ideas other than youtube. Will post pics when i finish them up.

check the flymen website, they have patterns listed on there. Also, check Rich Strolis on vimeo, he has a pattern called the Meat Helmet Sculpin. I tied it, but subbed the body material for palmer chenille and tied the pattern both olive and tan colors.

I like these helmets. I got a few of the small. Fished them a couple times and like the action. Haven't caught anything on them yet. I used the small on size 4 and it seemed like a large sculpin for pa.

Do they come with the eyes in the package?

They definitely work on smallmouth. I've posted a couple of ties on my blog a few months back.

Yes the eyes come in the package. They have some stickyness to them but are recommended to use some super glue for securing them.

i changed up the eyes for 3d holo eyes, slightly better, and i had some lying around. 5/16 i think was the size

Rich Strolis' Meat Helmet Sculpin

Meat%2520Helmet%2520Sculpin%2520-%2520Top.JPG

Meat%2520Helmet%2520Sculpin%2520-%2520bottom.JPG

Those look monsterous but fish catchers for sure

Back