Screen name

Concerning that "sportsman" with the 6 trout in his truck at the Salmon River,the limit is one trout per day,they were four fish over their limit.

RyanR wrote:
LRSABecker wrote:
Yea I will be fishing Lunker Fest the minute it is over Jason. 3 o clock comes, my nymph will be in the water.

Stelie, some good guys there I won't bash them, they just do not understand some things.

I hope you take time to think it over and be sure its what you really want. In any organization there's always going to be a decision or opinion on something that crops up from time to time that you don't agree with. It's not necessarily a reason to walk away. I've seen guys storm away from TU in a knee jerk reaction to not agreeing on one issue. We both kbow the LRSA does a lot of fantastic conservation work that should be weighed out carefully in your decision.

BTW, the Lehigh River is public water bro you know you can fish it there during lunkerfest right?

I know that Ryan regarding the contest.

Also, I understand what you are saying about knee jerk reactions. After about 12 hours, I am still pretty happy in my decision. I can not work with a organization, that completely disregards an opinion an project I worked hard on for a year.

There are many local conservation groups I can do work with if need be. This situation is unfortunate, but I had to do it.

Sorry to hear that man. I know how it is when people have their minds set, no matter how wrong they are and argue the point even though you have the facts and know your right or bust you arse and others get the credit/it gets tossed. At least the sun is out out atm.

Heading to Valley creek, it will be my first time fishing it. hopefully it takes my mind off of yesterdays ramifications.

I got ya man. Sorry to hear it. They lost a good one in you. Good luck at Valley.

LRSABecker wrote:
Heading to Valley creek, it will be my first time fishing it. hopefully it takes my mind off of yesterdays ramifications.

You should have given me a heads up. I would have showed you around valley and taught you how to catch fish. Let me know next time.

Well I caught 2 on top and missed 2. I did not nymph at all or I might have picked up a couple more.

Fish were rising everywhere at the end of the afternoon, but they were very very selective on midges. I got one on a grifiths gnat and then all the fish would do the back peddle on it and refuse. My first brownie I landed on a cdc caddis that I casted to long and got stuck on a tree, wiggled it and it fell down and instantly got eaten LOL.

Thanks Jason on the offer, I had my buddy Lenny or as a couple of us call him " pro guide" show me around. By the end of the day though, I dropped him down a notch to Junior Guide :)

Heritage Angler would be proud, I christened the 3 wt he gave to me with a wild brown as well.

Here is a picture of my first.

Attachments

• DSCF2700.jpg
    DSCF2700.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF2703.jpg
    DSCF2703.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 3
Nice Brown.
Sorry to hear you had a falling out with them,from my conversations with you at the beginers session and at LLBean I think they are the loser in this.
Have n't tried the Lehigh this year yet but it looks like the best is yet to come.Going to try a triple wet fly swing when the water calms down.

Nice fish Shane. I was there last night and the water came up on me in a hurry. Glad it fished well.

Pretty looking wild browns. Nice job Shane. I'm going to fish somewhere around here tomorrow for a bit. I got chores to do but I at least got a jump on them this afternoon by getting my tomatoes, eggplants, & pepper plants all planted and the cages in the ground too. I think I'll do chores first, then fish in the afternoon, if you want to hook up on a stream.

Nice job, Atlas and I hit Valley today and did about the same, our total was one each after the first two pools and then nothing the rest of the day. I spent a good amount of time nymphing and they wouldn't touch it no matter what pattern I used. beautiful weather and good to get out but it was tough fishing as usual on Valley.

Ryan you have my #, give me a call.

Valley was a nice stream and I enjoyed the talent that ran on through as well :).

Having a pod of 50 fish rising completely around me and only being able to hook up with one was rediculus, but, when they do the back peddle then refuse drove me insane. I could see how valley could be tough however, I enjoyed it.

Dear Artist-Formerly-Known-As-LarissaBecker,

Does this mean I'm free to troll the LRSA board without you getting crabby, now?

Your pal,

gfen!

ps: Can I suggest a symbol for your new name? Perhaps [color=ff00ff]?[/color]

pps: I think a contest should be run to select your new name. It will be awesome.

ppps: The joke isn't nearly as awesome when the pink triangle I stick in there keeps coming back as a pink question mark, which is still OK and all, but really loses some of the visual appeal.

Folks I have done this only a couple of times over several years for reasons I felt valid. More often than not I have not done this because it is a policy and site service I cannot sutstain with 4,500 members.

You can change it all you want, but you're always going to be LRSABecker. You've created that monster, now own it. :-D

I think its always good practice when dealing with the interwebs to pick names that are not too specific to things that may change.

For instance, when I picked my screen name I picked on that I felt would not change in my lifetime.....otherwise I would have perhaps called myself "goooooodlookinflyfisher"

It appears to be a trait of youth to pick names that don't stick around.

FWIW, I am against changing screen names. You pick it, you own it.

FWIW I also wish to discourage the changing of screen names, mainly because when you make an exception, you leave yourself open to charges of favoritism. If there is no rule prohibiting it, and if 100's wanted to change their name, Dave Kile would have no time for his actual job. Also, name changes obscure people's identities. The community we have here works better when your reputation is on the line with every post.

Nothing personal. Like Maurice, I chose a name I hoped I'd never have to regret. The only time I did regret it is when I had enemies on board that were sophisticated Google users and I felt my real identity had become too obvious for comfort. It's bad enough people know I am a lawyer, let alone a particular lawyer.

Well, I made the mistake of making my name associated with an organization I really believed in. Never thought, I would need to change it. This was the first forum I have ever joined and knew no better. I do know others have had there names changed. I feel I should be afforded that opportunity once.

So what I have just learned is that I should not change my name to paflyfishdave?

Sorry I left my mic on, but I do hear you. I will have answer for everyone shortly.

I don't think you should, if you plan on selling the site soon LOL

Back