Scott Radian fly rod - 2013/2014

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

Looks like the S4 is being replaced with a new series called the Radian...the reel seat and aesthetics look pretty amazing...

http://www.tellurideangler.com/products/Scott-Radian-854%252d4.html

Let the hype begin. I'll guess it's half the weight of the s4, tracks better and casts twice as far. The only way I'd be interested in looking at it is if April Vokey were holding it :-D

Nope. There's quite a few rods in the $750-1100 range.

I'm not hating, I just fall for the hype. My buddy tom was looking for a rod and I found the original hydros on closeout for $499. He went to the fly shop where the fast talking snake oil salesman sold him a new hydros 2 for $800. Is a rod that is 1/64 of an ounce lighter worth an additional $300? Not in my eyes. If his ability had outgrown the original hydros and the new one offered significant improvements in performance.....ok. I'll buy that but I'm 99% sure you let a guy cast a hydros and a hydros 2, they couldn't tell the difference.

The market has proven it will gladly pay $800 for an off the shelf fishing rod.

Ergo, Sage has decided to raise the standard to four bills for this year; I suspect 2016 will give you the $1500 factory made fly rod.

But its cool, it'll have all new resin technology.

New resin? I had no idea. Now I can justify 1k for a rod. Carry on.

Its like "kinetic" but with different letters for easier trademarking!

I'll have to Google that and see if it will help me catch more fish.

Google said "no".

No doubt very expensive...with a lot of "technical" improvements...while I could never justify getting one...(my s4 is used)...I sure think they are nice looking and would love to use one...just like I would love to drive a Ferrari!

Back