Scissor Forceps

S

Sylvaneous

Anyone have a recommendation for a pair of these that 1) aren't HUGE and 2) aren't so HEAVY.

I think that a great tool is mitten scissor clamps. You can look at many you tube type of videos. They really help me tie the Lefty Kreh loop knot for streamer fishing.

I have a couple pairs... the most recent purchase is Umpqua 5.5" mitten clamp. Not huge; not heavy. It has the built in scissor edge for clipping, which is nice. I prefer the mitten style over the finger loops, although I'll admit that they're easier to lose if you simply clamp them onto a vest instead of using a retractor.

I’ve got dr slick mitten scissor clamps. Best 20 dollar gadget I ever got, mainly for tying knots real quick. And they’re tiny. I lost them once on penns last fall (agreed - not hard to do) but found them streamside in feb.

For decades I have a pair of medical forceps that I loved and were great after losing them on Penns Creek in the Weikert area I got a pair of Orvis Scissor Forceps, and they are small. Even with my small hands they are too small, I like everything about them except for their size. I am planning on getting Dr. Slick Mitten Scissor Clamp.

I have been using mitten clamps for years ,much easer to use.
They work well with cold hands and much easer to use; instead of fumbling to get fingers in the holes.

Back