Scientific Anglers fly box

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

Has anyone used the Scientific Anglers Classic 280 waterproof fly box? If so, how do you like it?

I use one for all my Terrestials, I just got it last year. I like it a lot because you can readilly see what is in it. I am thinking about getting the large one for another box. It is a little wider than many of the slimer boxes i have used, particullary the foam ones. Also it is a little heavier than some. If you only carry aone or two boxes shouldn't matter. If you are one who carries a half dozen or so the bulk might make a difference.

http://www.theflystop.com/store.cfm?page=products_detail&pid=1104&fly-boxes

If you look at Allen fly co. products they have 2 boxes like this for about 10. bucks

I have one like that... It gets used maybe a handful of times all year, too big/bulky for my liking although maybe it's just an excuse bc it's just filled with estaz eggs/sucker spawn/salmon junk flies... C&F boxes are great but not cheap in any way...

I have two SA fly boxes and really like them. Just this week I got a free fly box with my order from Allen and I am impressed with its quality. Also was pleasantly surprised that the good prices on hooks at Allen. I will buy from them again.

The only thing about the Allen hooks is you have to check each 1, cause some of them are dull.Another thing they bend pretty easy which sometimes is a good thing.

Back