Satisfaction

djs12354

djs12354

I was out for a couple of hours on Saturday with my brother, fishing a local DHALO we favor. Some of you have met Pete at the "Fish and Chips" event last year, where he caught his first trout "on the fly".

We had been out last week and he was having trouble seeing the fly on the water. So, Saturday, I set him up with a size 10 stimulator ahead of the size 10 brown comparadun I set him up with.

He then proceeded to out-fish me for 2 hours, catching four to my none. I finally hooked a couple, but only managed two to hand and a couple of ling line releases.

Pretty darn satisfying thought, since I got him started FF'ing, set up the dropper combo for him and tied the flies he used to kick my butt.

Looking forward to the next opportunity to get on the water with him!

Added a pic of one of his victims :)

Attachments

• Pete 05 04 13.jpg
    Pete 05 04 13.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 11
"Hey hey hey, that's what I say"

Glad ur bro is keeping w/it and catching fish

When you have the mentality that you are in competition with another person you greatly reduce the chances of beating the person.

While in the military, my friend and I went to the shooting range. His mentality was to beat me...my mentality was to beat my previous score. I won all three rounds.

For me it's not about score - it's about having a good time. Having him out-fish me was a real tickler for me!

I'm in the middle zone, I had 2 very good mentors and they taught me plenty, through their training and advice I managed to catch many trout, a lot on flies they tied.

Now I feel the urge to bring someone new into the fly fishing world. I have a couple of good friends that only spin fish. I'd like to try to get them into fly fishing.

Isn't it funny how that has a way of working it's way out.

About 12 years back, I laughed at the fly fishers in my area. Then one day I tried it out. Didn't catch a dam thing which made it a challenge and I kept returning to the challenge. Now that I am catching trout, bass, muskies, etc with the flyrod i am HOOKED, and enjoy it much more than spin or bait casting. And from time to time, I will hook a fish and give a kid in the area a chance to try it out.

Back