Salmon Fly...again

The only real critic should be the fish.

If I was a salmon, I'd bite the #OOPS# outta that thing.

Sniperfreak,
Lookin good. The golden pheasant crest on the top remains too long. Try to shorten it a bit so that, when tied down, the tip of the GPC topping just touches the tip of the GPC coming up from the tail.

The photo below shows a salmon fly I tied - note this affect with the GPC tips coming together and touching. It takes some practice.

Attachments

• Salmon Fly 7.jpg
    Salmon Fly 7.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 4
gaeronf wrote:
Not trying to start a fight or anything, but he asked for criticism and I gave it to him...lol. If you REALLY want some harsh criticism go to the classic fly tying forum. They will criticize you beyond belief, if it isn't done right.

I understand, I know your trying to help, I'm just jokeing with sniper, not criticizing you.

Lol...I think we mistook each other. My comment was directed to another user. In my opinion, i think that they thought i was too "rough" on sniper. When, in reality, I was just giving him the full, constructive criticism he asked for.

another try...still feeling miserable and extremely tired, so still a little on the simple side.

Attachments

• irishpalmer.jpg
    irishpalmer.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 5
Looks good sniper, I don't tie Salmon flies, I would if I was going Salmon fishing, but when I tie something and take a picture of it and post it I see a lot of things I don't see when I am tying it, the picture magnafies it. You can always see something wrong.

Your picture looks better also. I like looking at your post and other peoples post on flytying, thats the best part of the forum.

Yo sniper...each one keeps looking better. Your floss keeps getting a little flatter. Floss is one of those things that you would think would be no-brainer easy, but it requires a lot of attention to get it smooth. When you look at the way light reflects off of the floss body in your pics, it should be a straight line. When the body is "bumpy" the light reflection will have a jagged appearance...I hope that makes some sense.

Good work.

Back