Sal! Berks Brookies Streams

Chaz

Chaz

Was near your brookie stream on Wednesday, and saw spawning brookies, a lot of them. I know they spawn late in some of the area streams, usually in November, and I've seen them spawning in late November before, but never this late. I'm telling you this because it just may be that they were spawning the last couple of times you were there and that's why they were so hard to catch. They usually don't hit when they are spawning, just before and just after the spawn, but if they are in the act... they just refuse all other offereings.
I walked within a few feet of a large brookie over a spawning bed, I wasn't expecting it, but I did, I was taking pics of the spawning beds, and there it was. And for those out there that would question, I knew exactly where the spawning was taking place, and I didn't step on any beds.
There were spawning beds all over the place and lots of them, a couple of them were very large.

Chaz,
That's great news! I have not been out there in a while so thanks for the update.

thats great news chaz! but i think this stream needs left alone for awhile......i just had to catch one out of it..and i did that. the stream needs studied though......it could be a great fishery and besides that......IT IS A LIMESTONE SPRING CREEK WITH BROOKIES :) so it is very special :-D

Back