Sage Z-Axis Blanks At Sierra - $168

jdaddy

jdaddy

Sierra Trading Post has Sage Z-Axis blanks for $168.

Shows up as $260 unless you use the dealflyer code. For those who have not signed up for dealflyer on STP site I would suggest doing that.

Hmmm....Best I can get the price down to is $190 at STP. I'm using the dealflyer code, and getting 44% off. What's the trick to getting it down to $168? If they had a 9' 4wt, I'd buy two!

DealFlyer 5:22 AM this morning. I click through and got that price. Code is KZR5106S.

Oddly the 8'6" 4wt is only blank without a code.

Attachments

• Sage.jpg
    Sage.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3
Also don't depend on the sorter thing on the left side and click on each item as they have the wrong models compared to the description. There is 10' 4wt and 8'6" 4wt.

Typically Sage rods are not discounted via coupon. Lamson reels usually don't discount. Pontoons don't either (and should never be subject to free shipping). But they make tons of mistakes. I was ****ing around one day and got a double code to stack.

Thanks! I'll give that a whirl....

That Worked! Thanks for the tip! :)

I have a 590-4 Z-Axis blank on the way. Thanks for that info, JDaddy! Maybe I should have ordered a couple...LOL

Can't decide whether to get in on this or not. Pretty hard not to.

greenlander wrote:
Can't decide whether to get in on this or not. Pretty hard not to.

It's dead right now. I will post the next round of coupons when they hit.

I was going to buy another blank this morning, but could only get the price down to $190. I got that price using the 25% off by being a dealflyer (I think) member. It's free to join, so.... I was speaking to Burke at Leland Outfitters last night, and he said he likes the 8 1/2' Z-Axis rods. Burke was speaking about casting and not fishing, and said the 8 1/2' Z-Axis is more accurate, and of course has a lighter swing weight. I do have a preference for 8 1/2' rods, but need a few 9' rods in the arsenal. A 490 Z-Axis would be very nice......I guess.

New code came out a few hours ago. Did not apply to the blanks or to Lamson products. They may have caught on, but they will slip up again. Stupid price supported industry.

my wife has a stp credit card and gets free shipping on all our orders. I order stuff from the clearance barn a lot: scissors,hackle pliers lots of Dr. Slick stuff at very low prices. I dont know about the dealflyer is it the same as getting the credit card discount or is it a better deal yet? we sometimes get an extra 30 or 40% off with a coupon for card holders. You cant beat the prices when you pay $1.45 for Dr Slick scissors and no tax or shipping charges.

You outdealed jdaddy? Free shipping!

flytyingfred wrote:
my wife has a stp credit card and gets free shipping on all our orders. I order stuff from the clearance barn a lot: scissors,hackle pliers lots of Dr. Slick stuff at very low prices. I dont know about the dealflyer is it the same as getting the credit card discount or is it a better deal yet? we sometimes get an extra 30 or 40% off with a coupon for card holders. You cant beat the prices when you pay $1.45 for Dr Slick scissors and no tax or shipping charges.

Dealflyer is the emails you and/or your wife gets on a daily basis about "super discount deluxe 9000". You click through to get these discounts. Usually dealflyer will have free shipping or more recently $2.50 shipping. Always check with your wife or your email to see the flyer of the day. Or you could check fatwallet or slickdeals.

The issue is 30 or 40% off can be off their prices. Or 40% off retail prices. Their "normal" price changes depending upon what discounts are our there.

2 pc 8.5 ft 5 wt $305 - Z-Axis
2 pc 8.5 ft 5 wt $152 - Z-Axis blank

with coupon MKK0986K

Enjoy the mistake.

jdaddy,
How long will this last?

Damn I wish I had the money, I want a 5wt soooooooooo bad!!!

SBecker wrote:
Damn I wish I had the money, I want a 5wt soooooooooo bad!!!

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

--Ferris
(for those of us not into 80's movies)

csoult wrote:
jdaddy,
How long will this last?

Probably a day or two at most as they change codes constantly. Typically certain items are not supposed to be deviated by the codes, including Sage rods and Lamson reels, but they screw up from time to time and the code will apply.

Back