SA Amplitude Textured Trout or Amplitude Trout Smooth?

boychick

I'm looking for a new line for an upcoming trip out west. I'm either going to get the amplitude textured trout or the amplitude Trout smooth. Does anyone have experience fishing either of these lines? I'm looking for a recommendation. Thank you!

I'm looking for a new line for an upcoming trip out west. I'm either going to get the amplitude textured trout or the amplitude Trout smooth. Does anyone have experience fishing either of these lines? I'm looking for a recommendation. Thank you!
I use both and have had good success. Both are a half size heavy so they work well with fast action rods. I believe the smooth costs less so that is one advantage for smooth.

Agree with greywolf, I like both of these lines.

My experience is that the textured lines are more durable but I prefer the smooth lines, just preference. Have a good trip!

Textured casts better for me. Specifically, I think they shoot better. My casting form isn’t great but the first time I tried textured I extended my distance by at least 10 feet. A good thing for bigger waters like the Yough.

Back