Russian Whore

jdaddy

jdaddy

I was speaking with a gentleman on the Salmon River yesterday and I grabbed his line to take a look at his fly. I think he called it a Russian Whore. Looked like a larger red jelly tubing with a white veil over it. Tried Google and could not find anything on it but did come up with a similar Montreal Whore. Anyone know anything about the Russian Whore?

http://flytyingworld.com/fly-detail-204-MontrealWhore.html

jd

You were in my hood and didn't even let me know....

How did you do? Get into some Steelhead?

That thing in your link looks pink and unwholesome, the Montreal Whore I know, and have tied, uses a nice floss body in orange.

Floss gets semi-translucent if you lay it over white thread (and its a light colour), so its possible a Russian Whore (that's gotta be a scary fun google search) would make sense to use red floss there.

The wing was probably just white marabou instead of white/red/blue bucktail.

Thanks gfen.........i Googled "Russian Whore" and now i think i'm married again at least i think that's what they meant , two big guys Ivan and Ulf are coming to the house to explain.

Osprey they made me send a 1,000.00 to get one for life. Watch them when Ivan and Ulf come over....

Thanks Sandfly i'll watch 'em they talk funny and i don't think they know anything about fly fishing at all , and with all that good fishin over there , you know Kamchatka and all , remember Pete , he said he even caught fish in front of the Kremlin.

come on folks - everybody knows that ovechkin's mom doesn't fly fish

But Malkin's does. Too bad her chernobyl tentacles make it tough to tie blood knots.

text-24-preview.jpg

I hear Geno's mom makes some mean Borscht.

With a mug like that, I would hope so.

Back