Rods designed for PA or the North East USA?

Precisely.

There are so many rods out there on the market, just find one you like and have at it.

These things aren't magic wands. They're fishing poles.
Seriously.

Rods are designed for specific types of water/fish, not so much specific regions. No?

Seriously.

Rods are designed for specific types of water/fish, not so much specific regions. No?
The more I hear discussions on the topic, the more I think rods are designed more for specific types of fly fishers, than for anything else. A couple or three rods will likely cover <90% of the fishing methods, targeted fish, and regions of the country. Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't each have more than two or three rods. :)

The more I hear discussions on the topic, the more I think rods are designed more for specific types of fly fishers, than for anything else. A couple or three rods will likely cover <90% of the fishing methods, targeted fish, and regions of the country. Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't each have more than two or three rods. :)
100% Most rods are designed with getting flyfishers to rise up with their $$$ and take it! I could do 90% of what I like to do with an 8' 5wt but what fun would that be? Hence I have more rods than days in a week to fish them. :)

Sierra trading post has Fenwick Ateos rods on sale for less than a hundred ( I think)

Back