Rod Company Suggestion

Why isn't this thread on the "Gear Talk" forum?

probably. but lets morph gear talk into general then make a cooking or camera topic

heck a monkey could roll graphite (or even an atty or pol) hehe but that's a zstretch)

but none of them could split cane and build a bamboo tip

I would order an ornate super nice rod butt and maybe three tips, they could make a multitude of actions in tips in addition to length of the tip

LJ,

You are so right. Bamboo is alive.

Probably someone has tried it but wouldn't a bamboo butt with a graphite tip be interesting? Of course the color would be the same, not sure if they can do the 6 sided graphite blank right yet, those current 6 sided graphite rods are bit clunky.

So can we order a T&T bamboo butt with multiple action graphite tips, at least it would smell great and look great

Never thought of that..Might work better as a quad..

Friend of mine had a 6.5 ft (I think) 5 weight quad, it was a cannon.

I have a T&T Maxwell 7.5 5 wt. it is sort of a canon, beautiful though.

Bought it at Yellow Breeches Fly Shop, reportedly it was a rod Tom Maxwell took when he left T&T. still kicking myself for not buying the T&T reel that came with the rod, both were mint

Bamboo quad rods are the best fishing tools made..They seem to possess an all out advantage compared to other (technologies)...Hollowed built quads are light, powerful, fast if you want them to be, and super accurate...

Not sure who made his rod, who is making quads these days

I had an old rod, 9 ft, beautiful rod, stuck it on ebay got $1036.00 for it, turns out it was a rod made by a guy who lived in Bangor Maine and he made his rods in his kitchen, I think the value was actually in the form case the guy made for the rod, had his stamp on it, could have been the only one in existence (the form case)

It was Auburn Maine not Bangor, rod was by J B Daniels

http://www.google.com/search?q=j+b+daniels+fly+rod&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

I can try and get some history on J B Daniels if you would like? I have access, to a great resource, when it comes to old bamboo rod builder history..I gather that 9' wasn't a quad?

For a time I thought I would have to give in, and settle on, one of the other (tecnologies), for my western water needs..Because 9" is short out west I didn't like the idea of lugging around a big piece of cane..How ever, the more I think about it, the more I believe a quad rod could be the answer I'm looking for..I'm going to do some research, I've seen plety of smaller quads, but not many over 8'..

I would imagen a hollow built 3/2 9 1/2 #6 quad might do the trick..

Back