rod building

So I decided not to build one yet. Instead I bought...
1. spare spool for my reel
2. a new 3 weight double taper line and backing
3. a st. croix avid 7' 3 weight

still debating whether or not to buy a chestpack since they are on sale at cabelas. I kind of want to replace my cheapo vest.

Time to get back to the Tully!!!!

Just so you know...this is all jay's fault. He had to post that whole thing about how he got a new rod.

You will definately love that rod. And it's a smart move to go with the double taper line -- double the usage.

For small mountain stream fishing and line last awhile too. I'm still on my first one on my 2 wt. and it's been almost 5 years, but on my "normal" rods I change line every year or two.

I like chestpacks and have a cabela's low profile one. It was like $25 and well worth it. I like to use it on small streams sometimes. I rarely use it now, but it was definately worth $25.

Sometimes if you sign up for a cabela's visa you get a lot of cabela's bucks. I signed up when it was $50 ($25 for signing up and $25 on my first purchase). Well, after my 1st buy, the $25 didn't show up so I called, and they gave me an extra $25. Plus, at certain times of the year, if I get people to sign up I get $15. At holidays they also send me discounted coupons and free money coupons. This all comes in handy when wanting to build a new rod!

This is what mom and pop fly shops should do with their mailing list to drum-up business: 10% off your next $50 purchase, or $5 free.

Went to cabelas today to snag one of the sale chest packs. They didn't have the one I was eyeing up online but they had my backup.
http://tinyurl.com/68tc5m

I didn't get it in the color they show, which I didn't like. They had a dark green/gray one. So far its nice. It holds almost as much as my vest. It's not the most comfortable, but its small and I like it because when I fish I usually only go for about 4-5 hours and all I need is my fishing accessories; no food or anything. It's got a tippet holder, retractor for my clippers, a built in foam fly holder(I put all of my nymphs on it), and lots of mesh pockets inside. Not bad for 29 bucks (I saved 20).

So much for rod building....my new rod is AMAZING compared to my other one.

Back