River clean up-mark your calendars

joereese

joereese

Little Juniata River Association
6th Annual

2011 River Bank Clean-up

Saturday, April 9th, 9:00 am to noon

Meet at the Spruce Creek United Methodist Church parking lot (where Spruce enters the J).

We will clean-up river banks and parking areas from Bellwood to Barree

All bags and gloves furnished

To fiind out more visit the LJRA website : www.littlejuniata.org or
email: bjuniata(at)verizon.net

I have participated in this before. In addition to the benefits of cleaning the river and getting GREAT homemade food for lunch, this is a fantastic opportunity to scout the river a week before the grannoms AND speak to a number of locals who really know the river.
Bring your rods and fish after the event! It usually wraps up about 1pm.

Thanks for posting this. I would really like to know of more scheduled clean-ups this spring. I hear there is one planned for the Tully in March.

Please fell free to post them in the Announcements and Events Forum. I would like to to make a summary post once collected.

You can email me any conservation efforts in the region at info@paflyfish.com

dkile wrote:
I hear there is one planned for the Tully in March.

You can email me any conservation efforts in the region at info@paflyfish.com

The Tulpehocken Chapter Trout Unlimited will be doing a stream clean up March 12th at 9:00 AM. We will be meeting at the Paper Mill Parking Lot. Join fellow fishermen and women for an hour or two of stream side cleanup. All you will need is a pair of work gloves to join the fun. We will be focusing our efforts in the delayed harvest section of the Tulpehocken. Snow date is March 26th. Please email or PM me with any questions.

View Larger Map

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 4
Good chance for grannoms in the afternoon after the LJR cleanup.

Back