Rio Nymph Shock

mcwillja

mcwillja

I just bought a spool of the RIO Nymph Shock and I was wondering if anybody on here has used it and if they have how are they attaching and or incorporating it into their leader?

RIO recommends you attach with loops between the fly-line and leader but since I am using it as a straight sighter as well as a shock absorber to protect the light tippet I was wondering if anyone is using it down farther on the leader. It doesn't blood knot well so I used one loop to attach to my butt section and then a tippet ring, where my tippet section will go, but I am not sure if this is the right application for this product.

Any ideas will be appreciated. its pretty cool stuff just not sure yet how I want to utilize it.

Jason

Call Borderwater Outfitters in the morning, Coz or Brandon will know how to hook that stuff on correctly.

I tried that "extreme" tippet to streamer fish. It's basically gorilla braid line. Got snagged and thought my rod was going to break.

Nail knot w/ super glue a 10" piece. Works great for me.

Thanks Andy and Skeeter. I didn't try the nail knot. The blood knot slipped and looked terrible.

The easy fix is not to use the stuff. LOL

I normally don't use stuff like this but I do like to mess with my sighters. I've settled on a leader/sighter setup for nymphing and this crap came along and of course I have to try it once. I'm sure it will be collecting dust in a few months.

12 foot+ with what I use for sighters.

Attachments

• 6-8-12 005.jpg
    6-8-12 005.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2
  • 6-8-12 006.jpg
    6-8-12 006.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2
Back