Ridley Creek FFO

Beernut

Beernut

I have to pick my daughter up from West Chester next week and figured since I am taking a day off work maybe I'll leave early a fish before picking her up. I saw Ridley creek was pretty close and was planning on parking at the park entrance. Any advice would be appreciated probably only going to have about 2-3 hours to fish.

They only stocked a small part of the FFO this fall. Try nymphs and midges and you should be able to pick up a few rainbows.

The FFO is 0.6 mi long. The 3.0 mile stretch upstream from the fly stretch is also stocked in fall and individuals do well there all through the fall and early winter. Much of it is paralleled by a walking road.

Thanks for the replies. I saw there is a DHALO section on Brandywine creek, which could be an option also. Both are a two hour drive hoping to leave somewhere between 5-6 am.

I fished Ridley FFO last Saturday 11/11 and caught 8 - they are there! Don't waste too much of your time in the lower section of the FFO section. I haven't had any luck down there or have even seen a trout there for about 2 years. I took a walk to look last Saturday and didn't spot anything past the 2nd parking lot. Used to be okay a few years back.

Fish are spread out nicely in the AT area in my experience and probably hasn't gotten hit too hard since after 2 weeks from when they stocked.

I'd park at the bridge below the falls, fish the falls, and then head up the path and fish only the good holding water. There is a good hole at the handicap spot and a couple above. The whole stretch is incredibly easy to access and is no secret by any means.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction I really appreciate it. Really helps since I am not going to have a lot of time to explore.

Back