Repairing wading boots

C

curtrein

Hey guys:
The sole of my favorite pair of wading boots have split from the bottom of the shoe part. I want to try and reattach the sole to the boot. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do so? Are there any high-strength glues out there for such a purpose? Thanks guys!

I have used aqua seal for mending wading shoes with good results. It's very strong and water proof

I'll second Dryflyguy's recommendation of Aquaseal. I've also had good luck repairing wading shoes with Shoe Goo. Depending on the size of the break, you may need some sort of stitch to really hold it together. Duct tape will work in a pinch but you have to replace it frequently. You might try a carpet strength sewing thread and heavy needle. You'll need pliers to force the needle thru the canvas/rubber but stitching the break will likely hold better. Then seal the stitched section with Aquaseal. Frankly, in my experience, there's a point of diminishing returns with wader shoe repair (obviously). With a big break at the sole, it may be time for new shoes.

I just reparied my with some GOOP. It worked perfectly fine. Just put some pressure on them to make sure they seal correctly.

I've had this web address kicking around my favorites list that may help.
www.rmresole.com/wading.html
Hope its what your looking for. Good luck.

Depending on their age and where you got them you might be able to send thm back and for $ get a new pair.worth a shot. I know Chota will repair , replace them.At least they did for me.

Back