renzetti

F

flytyingfred

is there anyone on here that owns a renzetti presentation 2000 and if so do you wish you would have purchased a different vise such as a 3000 or a 4000? Perhaps even a different brand. I am thinking of getting one and have looked a lot of different vises but this looks like its the best buy for the money. Any input will be appreciated.

Is rotary a feature you want? If not, Regal owners tend to be pretty fanatical.

Anvil makes a nice vice. I've never seen anyone have it, and I wonder why, because it looks awesome, see...
Atlas_Vise.jpg

guys dont call me crazy but I already have the anvil atlas and I like it very much have been tying on it a few years now. I just have an itch for one of those renzettis and I have lots of cabela bucks to buy one next time I get one of those big post cards with like 100 bucks off a 500 purchase. I like the presentation 2000 better than any of the other ones except the master but dont have the bucks for that one yet. I was just curios if anybody that purchased a 2000 had any buyers remorse or wished they would have gotten the next one up etc.

The Renzetti Traveler sells for $200 +/-, while Renzetti Presentation and Master vises while more precision made, they sell for a lot more. I have a Traveler and it serves the same function and has worked well for for me for close to 20 years. Unless you are getting into commercial tying, I suggest the Traveler. Spend the extra money on tying materials or tools.

afishinado wrote:
The Renzetti Traveler sells for $200 +/-, while Renzetti Presentation and Master vises while more precision made, sell for a lot more. I have a Traveler and it serves the same function and has worked well for for me for close to 20 years. Unless you are getting into commercial tying, I suggest the Traveler. Spend the extra money on tying materials or tools.

Tom didn't tell you about his other favorite vise the Regal . Sometimes when he uses it he likes to play shoot the half tied fly out of the vise now lets go look for it game which was a huge hit at this years jam I might add :-D

I also recommend the traveler over the other series. use the money elsewhere.
Get the one with the cam jaws (if they still make the screw-type)

Well, I started tying on a Griffin Superior, and just last year upgraded to a Griffin Odyssey Spider rotary vise, so I can't really speak on the Renzetti's, they look like a quality piece, but they're way out of my price range...

I've got the 4000 and find it to be worth the extra dough, if you are are going to be using the rotary function. It took me a bit to get used to tying rotary. It does save time. Like sniper said "superior piece" and machined really really well. The standard jaws are all I need. I think they hold from 28 to 4/0.

Although , my opinion my be biased... it doesn't hurt that I bought it from Ed Shenk when he changed vises....that vise will never tie a fly as good as it did with its previous owner.

I talked to Ed about tying a few weeks ago and he is using a Regal vise now.

I have to say that he is one of the most humble people you could meet.

I use a Renzetti Traveler and was wondering if anyone has a trick to keep the stem from coming loose in the pedistal (sp)?

The only complaint I have had is that the nob needs re-tightening because it works loose every so often.

Shock

I wore out my renzetti traveler and commercial tying either, there I use a regal type copy...I like the anvils best and will get one one of these days when I make enough to get one.

Back