Redington Classic Trout

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

Looks like the redington classic trout is back. At first last year they were on closeout...now cabelas seems to have more of those old ones on closeout. Then they changed the name and graphics and called it the tempt. Now on their website there are new graphics on the blank and its back to the classic trout. Anyone use these? How are they?

I have a CT, its a good rod with a medium fast action.

I have the 7'6 3wt as my backpacking rod. I'd say it's somewhere between medium and med-fast. All around a good rod for the price, as most of Redington's lineup is. It excels at throwing dries, but will roll cast a small BH Bugger with a small shot decent enough too, which I do sometimes on small streams.

Weird the CT is back on the website and the Tempt is gone. I tried out the Tempt...found it to be very similar (identical maybe?) to the CT - which was on closeout when I bought mine, and $50 less than the Tempt. Guessing the name "Classic Trout" just sold better?

The 9' 4wt was absolutely not a "medium action" rod, unless all you've ever used were TFO broomsticks.

I bought to try on clearance, used it for a day, and took it back. Even a proper 5wt line didn't load it further down.

"Tempt" is a terrible name for the market they've suggested the Classic Trout and the rattlesnake (Drift)they've paired with it be used for.

The newest CT/Tempt does not appear to be the same blank as the 2nd gen CT, which in turn was supposed to be stiffer than the 1st gen CT. The I tried was a 2nd gen model, I can't speak for the first (which doesn't matter because we're not discussing that, anyways).

I have a diamondback classic trout and am offended that Redington stole the name. My classic trout rod is a 7'6" 3/4 wt that casts like a 3 and fights like a noodle.

I don't know nuthin bout redington 'cept they make a low end rod called a Fli that has the base of a bass rod and is shiny gold in color. Nuff said.

Back