Redingtn Pursuit

krayfish

krayfish

If you are lookiing for a pretty decent rod at a cheap price, check these out. Backcountry.com still has 5, 6, 7 & 9 weights for $59.95 & free shipping. I got mine yesterday and cast it in the yard. Pretty fast action for $60. Not top of the line by any means but I was impressed at how it cast. Redington customer service is also good to deal with.

I've fished a 5wt Pursuit for 2 seasons. It seems to throw best with a bit of overlining -- a Rio Gold WF5F (actually weighs at about a 5.5wt), or even a SA Mastery WF6F. Really like its performance on bigger streams and, especially, in wind. It's got a pretty good feel with a nymph set-up, too.

Sixty bucks is a smokin' deal on this rod series!

They are also on Cabelas for $49-59. That's a great deal!

I have the 8’0 4wt. It’s pretty fast, and loads with a nice feel for the price. It’s not lightning fast like a St. Croix Imperial or something, but it’s a nice all around rod. I’ve fished it with both WFF4 and WFF5 depending on the situation and it handles both well. I paid $100 for it and thought it was a good deal then.

I bet Krayfish's 9'6" would be a nice steelhead stick. I think Cabela's has the entire Pursuit "combo" for $99.

Yes and yes.

Back