Redbreast Thread

Fish Sticks

Fish Sticks

04C7CEF1 F781 4D21 9806 FE804BBBF1C7
21CC3583 91DA 464E 9D0E E89E1897B9D3
26DAEA85 7D15 4AB7 A150 4D4625F19F0A

Wonderful morning swinging wets for Red Breast Sunfish

my go to swinging fly is CDC collar tan mop fly size 10 1x strong. I am going to have to try nymphing for them because my local streams are SUPER low and everything was spooking from super far away so the downstream swing approach may have not been as productive.

A surprise from the lehigh

Attachments

• 17753.jpeg
    17753.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 28
I love redbreasts, such good fighting and cool colored fish. On Tuesday I got into a horde of them while tossing a hot orange beaded micro leech (black).

I love redbreasts, such good fighting and cool colored fish. On Tuesday I got into a horde of them while tossing a hot orange beaded micro leech (black).
Me 2, I got a chubby Chernobyl with 24” going to bead head sunkin any rigged up on my rod in my car and about a mile of new public access I discovered I want to explore with it for red breasts. Just not time to actually get out and do it

Grandson enjoying catching them on dry flies. From a couple years back.

Attachments

• Snapshot 1 (6-9-2023 12-47 PM).png
    Snapshot 1 (6-9-2023 12-47 PM).png
    158.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Snapshot 3 (6-9-2023 12-49 PM).png
    Snapshot 3 (6-9-2023 12-49 PM).png
    174 KB · Views: 25
  • Snapshot 4 (6-9-2023 12-49 PM).png
    Snapshot 4 (6-9-2023 12-49 PM).png
    166.9 KB · Views: 27
Grandson enjoying catching them on dry flies. From a couple years back.
Its a perfect fly rod fishery for kids. Their gorgeous native fish that are everywhere, eat on-top, and fight hard. Looks like hes enjoying himself. Taking my daughter out for em soon

Its a perfect fly rod fishery for kids. Their gorgeous native fish that are everywhere, eat on-top, and fight hard. Looks like hes enjoying himself. Taking my daughter out for em soon
If you can find a sulfer or cahill hatch some afternoon they really get going on them.

If you can find a sulfer or cahill hatch some afternoon they really get going on them.
Yea i have found that too, i have tied up some wiggle nymphs too since slate drakes go to emerge out of water or in shallows often and redbreasts tend to like shallow slow water. Hoping to be able to swing wiggle nymphs for em too

Me 2, I got a chubby Chernobyl with 24” going to bead head sunkin any rigged up on my rod in my car and about a mile of new public access I discovered I want to explore with it for red breasts. Just not time to actually get out and do it
That chubby should be killer for them right now. I've been having a lot of success with it on ponds picking up bluegill and bass. Do you run an ant off of the back of that dropper? I have found that a size 14 hard body blank ant to be the most effective dropper for picking up pond species and it would probably work well on the redbreasts too.

That chubby should be killer for them right now. I've been having a lot of success with it on ponds picking up bluegill and bass. Do you run an ant off of the back of that dropper? I have found that a size 14 hard body blank ant to be the most effective dropper for picking up pond species and it would probably work well on the redbreasts too.
That’s exactly what I am running! Have yet to test on redbreasts but am excited to try.

53BC3F5D F777 4510 BB0F 807904E2B889
90FC57A7 E2A0 47D3 AD34 4FCCBA8A6828
6B5A8A03 0AA4 403B 9041 0BAA3B173A5A

Dry Dropper fun this morning on a stream I had all to myself

Those are gorgeous, love that stream. In that area its a nice escape

Redbreast photos are looking good boys! Good work. I look forward to smacking a few on the Skook as I embark on a smallie trip this WED/THURS, which actually means I'll be tossing small poppers to redbreasts and nymphing for 20 inch fallfish. I have yet to even get into a fallfish close to the 20 inch mark but I think I can make it happen this week, especially with the rain we are getting (much needed!) which will give the fish more head space and cool em' off a bit, although I was still rippin' stockers this past Friday. I have two rods for the Skook I am extremely confident in and just cleaned and applied line slick to four fly lines yesterday, three floaters and an intermediate. Even ordered a new pair of sunglasses that looks like they won't on my door step until the 26th unfortunately. I'm stoked! I can't wait to get to some flat water after working the runs for smallies to get into these fun fish again! I'd post photos of them but the amount of redbreast photos I have would probably crash the forum.

Good luck to all the PA panfishers!

Smackin’ some Redbreasts over the years. Just gorgeous little fish, big appetite and scrappy as can be. I have really enjoyed catching them on the fly.

IMG 5311
IMG 4386
IMG 3577
IMG 3364
IMG 2926

Back